Copperleaf

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

This plant really impresses me. It is now about 6 feet tall. Every leaf looks different with its color variations. When my other plants are drooping because I have not watered in a few days, the copperleaf is still standing tall. It has a very unusual bloom. It roots easily from cuttings. I love this plant.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Very nice - this would look great with castors. I have a section of my yard on a busy street for the "big boys" - different types of castors, sunflowers, cannas, tall gladiolas, etc.

How quickly do these grow? Could one be grown in a pot over the winter and put out for the warmer months?

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I bought the plant this spring, it was this small. Now it is taller than I, about 6 feet tall and very bushy. I dont know how hardy it is, so I have a cutting in a pot now to take inside.

Thumbnail by rylaff

rylaff - I like fast growers - especially when our growing season seems like 4 months - slight exaggeration, but not much (thus the cannas, sunflowers and castors).

Would you consider a trade of some sort for some cuttings if you find you can successfully root them?

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Let me root some for you.

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

STUNNING! You wouldn't happen to have the botanical name handy? I don't have much room for large plants, but will have to find some for this.

rylaff - that would be WONDERFUL. What can I share with you in return?

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Wow, awesome looking plant!

Wow,that is pretty. I would like to know the
botanical name also,anyone?

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Handsome plant--love the color! It might look nice with a hardy Hibiscus hedge too.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

It is acylypha wilkesiana macafeana. It is a member of the euphorbia, I think. There are several relatives that also have nice colorings.

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks rylaff, have it on my list for next year.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Very pretty plant.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

What a beautiful plant. Wish I had room to try it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.