Anyone have these brugs?

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

I notice that there are a few brug growers here! I'm seeking a cutting of Peaches and Cream and Double White....They seem to elude me, even when I get ahold of them! They never live for me...but I think the cuttings I've received have been too green. I might be able to find something to trade...have a few brugs, but all pretty common. If anyone is able to help, please email....and thanks for your time!

[ Removed by member request. - Admin ]

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Thanks KHT! I'll certainly keep that in mind...I've noticed myself that the brugs are all growing now...getting too late to take cuttings. I appreciate your reply!!

FSH, TX

Double white Brugmansia is easy to root from extremely young tender green cuttings. I admit there are many that are not that easy with green cuttings in the Brugmansia family, but that is an extremely easy one to root via green cuttings. I have about 6 of the double white in the ground and 2 of the double orange in the ground. There are a few different places that sell double orange in the USA and many overseas that sell doubles in pinks, oranges, yellows, etc. I have listed a few places in the Brugmansia forum for pictures and Brugmansia seeds/plants of every known species and many of the hybrids inbetween.
Hope that helps,
Brugmansia

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

That figgers, BRugmansia!....easy to root from tender young green cuttings, and that's what I had (twice) and no roots!! They rotted away, both times!! I've had great luck with all others, but not these two. So it's just me, I guess?! boo hoo...woe is me! I'm gonna keep on a tryin' though!! Thanks for the info. I've read your other post,(thanks for that info too!) and hope to get an order/ purchase in before the fall!

FSH, TX

Nan, most common cause of rotting, overwatering a cutting. The rot from the bottom up though, so if one has a large green cutting it is even easier than rooting a small cutting in water. Simply suspend the majority of stem in fresh spring water and cut the bottom of a little at a time every other day and eventually you will have root buds coming out of the sides of the green cuttings. I must confess though that I start my green cuttings of Brugmansia in very porous soil or I don't water until they start to wilt. I also tend to clip every last leaf off of a green cutting. Figure it can produce all the energy it needs from the chlorplast in the stem to root. Pink aurea by the way is hard to root no matter what and knightii as well.
hope that helps,
Brugmansia

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

If everything that I am getting takes root, I will have double white in the fall
Sady

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

WEll, I've decided to quit torturing myself so I'm buying a plant of each...with roots....thanks much for the offers, guys! Wish me luck!

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Oh, you sweetie pie you! I'm sorry! I just couldn't stand it anymore! I'm sure there's someone out there who would love to take them off your hands!

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Yup,I'll force my self to take them if you insist!!!It would be such a hardship but I'll somehow suffer thru.And as long as I'm sacrificing ,by taking unadopted plants off your hands I'll be happy to take everyone elses. LOL,PLEEEEAAASSSEEE

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Is a tractor trailer big enough?Thats what I drive at work!!I'll be there shortly,What's for dinner?

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

Forgive my stupidity, but are we talking about the flower-in-a-flower one, called Species, or the one called Double White Lady? (Not that I've been able to root either one). I have tried and tried to root the Species one, and thought I had a long last succeeded, but when I moved it outside it drooped terribly, and I think it's bitten the dust! Brugmansia, what should I do? I've tried little ones, big ones, and in-between ones, I've tried water, sand, and potting soil, I've tried lots of water, and very little water---is it time to sacrifice a chicken? Or to cough up some dough and just buy one?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.