Welcome to the Container Gardening forum!

By popular request (http://davesgarden.com/showthread/39941.html ), here is the container gardening forum!

Dave

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I've been waiting!!! Growing stuff in the south in containers seems to me a bit challenging (for me, first year). Can't wait to get all the info I need.

Allentown, PA(Zone 6a)

Dave,
Thank you for this site!!! I've been gardening in containers for Years. I currently have a newly expanded Rose and Daisy garden, with the exception of two plants, everything is in containers! I've had great success with this style of planting, I don't know if I'll ever go back to planting in terra firma. Last year I planted a Burpee big boy tomato plant in an old metal trash can. It yielded nearly 70 fruits! I've also done carrots with lettuce on top, even added basil to my tomato bucket this year. So far so good. Sorry about rambling--can you tell I'm very passionate about this type of gardening?
Donna

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Donna:
What do you do with your roses in containers in the winter?

Paul

[ Removed by member request. - Admin ]

Santa Cruz, CA(Zone 9a)

I've moved 11 times in the last 9 1/2 years (just being young and rootless) so container gardening is my compromise for even having a garden. My containers range from 1/2 inch to 2 1/2 feet. It's been great, except I think I've finally amassed so many I don't know how I'm going to move them come October (yes, moving again--but this one will last longer than 6 months hopefully cause fiance is looking to buy home together). But I've gotten so used to it might just keep gardening in containers forever!

Melbourne, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi everyone-I grow a lot of plants in containers, and many of my pots are set in those pretty pot holder stands. I have several different heights of these, and some have a shelf on the bottom, so I can put a pot on top and a pot on bottom. This works good for me, as I am in a wheelchair, and I can reach the plants to tend them. I can also place the plants wherever I want them in my garden to get the best effect. My husband tends most of my garden, but the pots are mainly my territory. Use your imagination with these different height pots, and you can create a lovely garden canvas.
Happypat

Hi well about 2-3 years ago i got my wife a daphne plnt for our wedding anniversary and we both put it in a large planter hoping to enjoy it for a while before we have to do much to it anyway its been doing really well even flowering the first year we'd often bring it inside so we could enjoy the lovely fragrance unfortunately lately it has not been doing to well -is it time to change the soil or does it need something more it's losing leaves and they are going brown in the middle please help anyone!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.