My turn

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

The rain and wind has died down and the sun is out. Back to shorts and flip flops.
I just picked up Pretty in Pink and Rosalie. Jeanne, I don't think this is a Rosalie year. Pretty in Pink is about 7 feet tall and maybe 6 feet wide across the canopy.
I'm adding a new step to my winter prep. I'm spraying soil in pots with fungicide before they come in.
Have to start propagating some of the fuchsias and geraniums. Not a big deal, I only grow two varieties of geranium, the Vancouver one and another lime coloured one that Elaine got me onto.

Thumbnail by Liz

Liz, did your Rosalie get beheaded too? I sure hope not. How did Pretty In Pink survive?

No, I was lucky Jeanne. The brug gods were smiling. Somehow when they went over they found another soft brug to fall on.:~). But it was a north wind that did it. You know what that means, winter wind. My spring, summer and fall wind is from the south.

Well, I'm on clean up duty today. The wind and rain has subsided and it's going to be sunny. It's a mess out there. But my fence is finished and I'm going to pick up my plants on Sunday.

Me too, it's beautiful out there right now. Have to get some pollinating done this weekend.

Just about every seedpod I had one the doubles got blown off the other night. I couldn't fine any left. Guess I'd better start over again too.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Hey Liz....I hope you've got my name on a cutting????

Yes I do Pam. Right at the top of the list.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Yippeeeeee! :))))))))))))))))))))))

Burlington, ON(Zone 6a)

We got off lightly here afterall, moderate rainfall that we really needed and some winds, gusty at times but all the plants taht I left outdoors except the Castor Beans came through fine.
Tomorrow the ones in the GH go back out until frost threatens.
I hate to hear about your bad weather out there, it doesn't seem at all fair after you have worked so darn hard.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.