Hi ya'll *A Newbie Form South Texas

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi ya'll,
I just joined the DG family.
I'm looking forward to learning from all of you.This site is great, it has a ton of topic areas and info.
I am mostly a tropical gardener and I've been gardening for about 15 years.( or "BUYING" plants as my family says.LOL)
I am still filling out my trades list and hope to trade some plants.I also have a ton of critters to go with the garden.I have a small tropical garden(jungle) on a residential lot and enclosed goldfish pond and patio room that was our summer project.That's a lil about me.I hope to share plants & info with some of you.
Blessings to all,
MsCritterkeeper

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome to Daves!!!!!!Would love to see some pics,hope you are finding your way around OK,just jump in anywhere and post away!
Great group,Great fun!
Root.

A warm welcome to DG, MsCritterkeeper! Your place sounds lovely. Enjoy this garden spot!

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

MsCritterKeeper,,Welcome from one south Texan to another, You will love it here...your place sounds lovely...got any pix's, we would all love to see your goldfish pond...I have a small goldfish, guppy pond and would love to converse with others who keep small ponds..... Welcome again.... :o)

Hiya everbody!
Thanks so much for the warm welcome!
Yes! I have some pics! I love to share ideas & my garden pics.I am very proud of my "Tropical pot Garden"! LOl
I keep most everything in big pots cuz if we every move it ALL goes with me! LOL.
I'll post a few but I have a yahoo photo album & they are posted there.If that's ok?
I am still learning where everything is here & it will take me forever to fill out my list! 15 years of collecting adds up.
Well,let me see if I can get the pics to load today.
Blessings to all,
Ms.Critterkeeper

Thumbnail by MsCritterkeeper

Hiya all,
Below is a link to our yahoo photo album.
Go to the Birdie Blessings & Garden file and look in there.
Let me know if you have any trouble.
There are a lot of pics from the garden & my birds.

Willow Wasp there is a pic of the new pond we just finihed there, too.Let me know what ya think.I gotta go do birdie chores for now.Have a great day!
Blessings to all,
MsCritterkeeper

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/birds-n-boats@sbcglobal.net

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Well I guess now I know what kind of critters you keep! Welcome from Maryland !!

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh man, your place is fabulous,I didn't see a pond is it on another site? I really liked the cannas it's photo number is DSC00550, it's a deep coral with dark leaves...What's its name?
I keep most of my stuff in pots too since we will be moving in a few years........ :o)

Hiya Willowasp!
Glad you had a chance to browse.
Yes the pond (goldfish)is in the yahoo photo file but there are are so many pics there you probably got tired of looking LOL.
Let me see if this will work.
Blessings,
MsCritterkeeper

Willowasp hope this helps..
Please bear with me guys I am still figuring out how to work all of the features on this site.
Willowasp I can send ya a PP show on the pond...it was a carport makeover! Or I can just send some pics...let me know what ya wanta see.
Blessings to all,
MsCritterkeeper

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

Hello MsCritterkeeper and welcome to Dave's...Where in Texas do you live??

Hiya moonlighting,
Thanks for the welcome.
I am in Galveston County 13 miles inland from Galveston and 50 miles south of Houston,Tx.
And where are you gardening from?
Be blessed,
MsCritterkeeper

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh critterkeeper those little water puppies are so cute....I love the fantails..don't have any yet..just fancy tails, but I love those to..Just set my pond up a few weeks ago and got my start of goldfish from Moonlighting ( she's my daughter...) Boy,now she's got some beautiful great big fancytail goldfish..and one Koi ..Wish she would post some pictures of them...and use something you could gage how BIG they are...oh they are so pretty.

When we move to a more permanent location I'm gonna get a bigger pond.....LOL

I love all your pictures...the birds are sooooo pretty..
I thought I saw all the pictures...guess I better go back and look again... gotta go ....talk to you later.... :o)

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

I live in Fort Bend County, so not TOO far from you...also WillowWasp is my mom.. (Ü) ..

Pam

Waterpuppies?...giggle-hahahaha...
I thought you were talking about my Chihuahua puppies.LOL
I have 3 Chi pups that are always getting in my pics..they're such hams!
Thought I uploaded a bad pic...too funny.
I love my fantails (fish & birds).That's one of the reason we built the new patio pond enclosure.My begonia & rarer plant collection, too.
Gotta do the wife thing & fetchup dinner...
Blessings of peace to all.
MsCritterkeeper

Hiya Moonlighting,
I hear ya got TEXAS size fantail fish! LOL
Gotta get me a pic! We can swap pics & fish info.
You guys are close enough for cofeetime!
That's wonderful!
We will all have to get together.
Well I better fetchup dinner or I'll be sleeping on the patio.LOL
Be blessed,
MsCritterkeeper

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

Yeah, LOL...they are big and that is no lie......

Pam

Crossville, TN

Now Mz Moonlighting....I didn't know that WW is your Mom!! How about that...My Dd is Weedwalker....who seldom gets on here.....OH! Sorry...Welcome to the most wonderful Garden, MsCritterkeeper...I just got a Dachshund puppy for my Birthday...named her Countessa...Tessa for short. Hope to see you in Chat. Jo

Hiya roadrunner,
Give that cute dach pup a big ole kiss! They are soooo cute.
Is she a mini or standard? Hey send me a pic! (See my troop)
Gosh I love critters! Sorry guys...get a lil carried away.
Thanks to all for such a warm welcome! I never dreamed a forum would be sooo friendly.

I better scoot to the garden I'm potting up babies today!

I really want a Pink Princess Philodendron...anybody got a cutting of this for a trade? Pretty PLEAaseeeeee ;>)??

I don't have my list complete yet but if ya look at the pics & see anything ya like ...just ask!
Blessing Of bloom,
Mscritterkeeper

Crossville, TN

Your wish is my command Mscritterkeeper....Jo

http://davesgarden.com/t/397303/

Heya RoadRunner/Jo ,
Thanks...she's a cutey!I love puppy kisses!
Happy Belated Birthday!
Just had my Birthday last month...got 2 Female Chi puppies
mother was a rescue dog...we bought the puppy..definetly took the ouch outta this birthday.LOL
If ya need any tips on potty training email me.Mine girls are doing great, after soome trial & error with a new method I used.
Thanks for the pic.

Have a blessed evening all,
MsCritterkeeper/akaLottieJean

Crossville, TN

Lottie Jean...thanks for the email and the info...Went to Wally world today and they are a little RICHER...LOL Jo

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Welcome MsCritterkeeper! Love that name!! Your pictures are wonderful, I will take some time next week to look at your album. Today I am taking one of my critters (horse) and going to an endurance ride in the mountains of Idaho. See ya later.

Thanks MaryE,
I have been so busy here I have had very little time for the computer.Sorry for the late reply...
Yep, I love my critters & plants. Wish I could still horseback ride...too old & crippled with OsteoArthritis,but think of me while you're riding!Send me a pic of your horse I love 'em too.
What do ya grow? I do Tropicals & houseplants for the most part...

Blessings to ya,
Ms.Critterkeeper/aka LottieJean

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

mscritterkeeper- hello from n.y. enjoy the site.

Thanks Herbie42,
I love it here. I have made some great new friends.
I really enjoy this site and all the information I have found here.It's like a huge database of info,but with the added advantage of friends to chat with!
So Herebie42,Tell me what grows in your garden? Does your "Id name" give me a hint..or are you a herpetologist?LOL

Have a great "Hump day"(Wed)...out to the garden I grow...
Blessings of Greenthumbs to all,
MsCritterkeeper

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.