Another one to come in

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

My latest passion, Ears. This is Illustrous.

Thumbnail by Liz
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Looking good. I see my little sweetie on the right. Love your pictures Liz.

Has it bloomed for you yet Shirley? Can you take cuttings? I have always rooted it in soil but now find (by accident)that it also roots easily in water.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

One of these days I'm going to fly out to the coast-
your yard will be on the top of my sight-seeing list
and one or two of your neighbors.

This year lilypon, my garden as a whole is a mish mash.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Since the last time we went to the coast was our honeymoon
21 years ago you prob. will have lots of time to get it
the way you want it.

ROFLOL ~

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Lilypon Maybe we could organize a prairie invasion of the west coast members? I have been thinking similar thoughts every time I hear of or see any of these gardens.

Liz Do you know a good on-line source for ears bulbs. They have been on my want list for a couple of years now.

mmmm ~ I haven't found any of these on-line in Canada this year. Maybe next season.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Excellent idea jagonjune! Look out B.C. here we come!!

Burlington, ON(Zone 6a)

Liz, are you going to keep this one growing indoors or put it into dowmancy as a bulb and just store it that way {thinking of your 'tight for space' GH situation.}

Ruth Ann, I have about 15 varieties of Alocasias and Colocasias. I'm like Mother Hubbard. I will find room for them all in the gh if I have to put them in pots hanging from the ceiling. A lot of them, if they go dormant take ages to revive.

Burlington, ON(Zone 6a)

I guess I only had the easy ones Liz. :))

I have found that,too, Liz. Dormancy is grand except the plants are only getting to prime in Oct. So what's the point.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Liz, mine are only about a foot tall now. One of them is getting buds. I'm a little concerned that they might have cyclamen mites. The leaves are not flat, but more turned under. I've sprayed once and if I have to, I'll try the hot water soak, but will spray Avid a couple more times and hope it straightens us. I do have a small one from a great friend that surprised me. I thought the whole cutting was gone, but it came up from the soil and is about 8 inches tall now. It looks the best.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.