Howdy from California

Galt, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi, just want to introduce myself. I just signed up yesterday, and my good friend Pudgymudpies subscribed me!
Is that a word??? Ha! So I've had fun looking through, or should I say trying to find my way!!! Everyone seems so nice and friendly, I can hardly wait to get started! This is gonna be FUN!!! It's really a refreshing change from other sites! Thanks Dave!! I love cuttings but haven't had time to do many lately. I've been busy fixing up my house. Siding and a new roof. UGh! Hurts in the checkbook!! Had to be done though! Winter's right around the corner. Ok, hope to meet you all soon. Email's are looked forward to!! LOL

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi there YM, so very nice to meet you. I live in So. Calif. so we are somewhat neighbors. I also have a very good garden/cyber friend who lives in Galt.

Welcome to our garden family.

Donna

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Well, I'm not very close (I'm in Ohio), but warmest welcome to you, Yardmender! I think you'll like it here and there is so much information here, too!

I've seen Pudgymudpies postings here & there, but I've been in the garden so much that I've missed a lot this summer. I generally post more during the colder months here in Ohio ;)

A warm welcome to DG, Yardmender.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

welcome from Canada, YM! happy gardening! Elaine from the Roses Forum

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Hello Janie dear,
My ears were ringing so I knew you had been talking about me again! LOL
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!
Have fun snooping through the forums. You will enjoy them.
And don't forget Tuesday night Chat!
At least I THINK it is tuesday night, but I also thought it was Thursday mornings but could not find it yesterday. Hopefully someone that knows the schedule will feel sorry for me & post it. :>P
Oh, BTW, I found a new sugarfree cookie yesterday at the grocery, made by MURRAY. Ya know those sugar wafers that are choc/van/strawberry? Well, these are just the Vanilla but they are Yummy!
I ate almost a whole pack last night with a glass of diet soda. John said he could not watch... hehehehe (He has milk issues).
Yesterday on Oprah it was about people that had lost a lot of weight & one gal lost like 125 pounds just by cutting out ALL sugar & exercising nightly. I am totally cool with the "cutting out all sugar" part. Wonder if the exercising part is necessary? LOLOLOL
Oh, Laurrie just IM'd me so I am telling her you are now an official Dave's Gardener!

All right girlfriend, gab at ya later!

Donna

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the best place on the web!! You'll love it here!
PS Donna, pass a few of those cookies over here, they sound yummy!

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Sorry Carena,
I am woofing these puppies down as fast as I can! My 17 yr old daughter said "Geez, you seem to really like those. Let me try one" & I said "A WHOLE ONE????" LOL
(they are like 1/2 inch by 2 inches). And the greedy kid said "YES, A WHOLE ONE!" So I grudgingly gave her one & then waited to make sure she ate it all. If she would have pulled her usual & taken a bite & then tossed the rest in the can I think I would have went ballistic! hehehe
But she actually ate the whole thing & said "boy, those ARE good. They actually taste better then the real ones."
I have my eye on her AND I have counted my cookies....
Might have to rename the kid "stubs" cuz if she even reaches for my cookies that is all she is gonna pull back! LOL
I had to run to the store this morning so I bought 2 more packs. I think I have the weekend covered.

Galt, CA(Zone 9a)

Well thank you SOCAL! Who's your friend in Galt? That'd be funny if we knew each other!

Galt, CA(Zone 9a)

Well thank you SOCAL! Who's your friend in Galt? That'd be funny if we knew each other! It's really nice to meet you.

Galt, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank you Morph! I'm soooo glad I found this garden site. I can see how friendly and helpful people are already! I hope your garden is responding to all your hard work! Want to come to my house???? LOL

Galt, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank you Whiterose! I'm very happy to be here! I hope we'll be talking soon.

Galt, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank you Roselaine! I'm looking forward to the rose forum. I just love roses, but my poor roses are in need of some TLC! I don't always have time for them! LOL

Galt, CA(Zone 9a)

Well,well,well!! If it isn't PudgyDonnaMudpies!! Thank you dearrie!! You are a brat though talking about all those cookies!!! Even if they are sugar free!! You always do that to me with ice cream too!! Knowing I don't have any! LOL
Which grocery store???? Heading out right now!!!!! Tell daughter dear to get her own!! Later! J.

Galt, CA(Zone 9a)

Carena, thank you, thank you, thank you!! I'm so glad to be here! I'm enjoying everyone already! This is great!
See what I mean about Pudgy??????? Made you hungry, didn't she??? LOL She's a really good friend of mine, except when she does that!!!!

Pioneer, CA

Welcome Yardmender, I live a little way up the road from you and MP, about a 2 hr. drive. You'll love it here. I don't get on the computer as often as I'd like to, but when I do have the time, this is where I come. I learn so much, some of the members offer a wealth of information. It's just great.Have fun , Jacquie

Galt, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank you so much Dguimo! I've been to Pioneer before, and it was a very pretty town. I love all the old landmarks through there! I'm looking forward to talking more with you Jacquie, I'm sure I'll learn a lot from you and all the other nice people.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Welcome from Oregon. Looks like you feel right at home already..... it doesn't take long!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Welcome from San Diego. This is a great place except for Donna hogging the cookies again. (What's wrong with diet coke? I don't drink milk either LOL) Enjoy!
Janice

Bowie, AZ(Zone 8B)

Welcome, from an Arizonan (there are a few of us here).
Isn't this a fun site? But so informational too. Yes,
you'll love it.....farizona

Galt, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi MaryE, Thank you! I feel so much more comfortable on this garden site. I know I'm going to make friends, cuz there's soooo many nice people!!

Galt, CA(Zone 9a)

Frogsrus!! I really love your name! Thank you for the warm welcome. You are right though, Diet Coke goes with cookies every time! LOL Donna still won't tell me what store she got all those cookies from! She's like that!! LOL

Galt, CA(Zone 9a)

Hello Farizona! Nice to hear from you. I haven't found my way around much yet, but I'm surely going to enjoy all the great people! Thank you Arizonan!!

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

I was not feeling too good on friday night. I was sitting in the living room with John, complaining about my stomach ache & shovelling more cookies in my mouth. He was watching TV & pretty much ignoring me, but to be fair he probably did not know what I was saying with my mouth full of cookies & he probably did not want to make direct eye contact with me to see the cookie crumbs flying everywhere. So as I am inhaling & complaining I happen to be scanning the package & a little box catches my eye. It says "excessive consumption of this product may cause a laxative like effect".
Needless to say, I am off these cookies. Still want to know where to buy them? I have 1 1/2 packs that you can get real cheap! LOL You just let me know.....hehehehe

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Donna,

When my DH found out this year that he is border line Diabetic, he headed straight for the sugarless cookies. It wasn't just the laxative effect that got him, but it sure is VERY gasous. He now eats reg cookies, just not alot like he used to. hehehehe

Donna

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Yes Donna,
I can totally relate........

Shalimar, FL(Zone 8a)

I've been LOLROF (or is it ROFLOL?) SF cookies and Laxes , too? Does it get any better? Welcome, from Florida, the land of bugz,fungus and awesome humidity! Oh, did I mention freezes in winter? :) Jen

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Geez, I couldnt' remember your name on here so had a hard time finding it until lovely Donna finally sent me the link!!! Thanks Donna!
And WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME you won't be dissapointed here. This is my favorite place to be when I get time off from the everyday stuff. (second only to IM you and Dee he he he).
Been working on house and genealogy this past week, so have been in hiding, also gathering more seeds and transplanting stuff around here. Kids back in school and having a blast with more free time.
Ok dear friend, welcome again and maybe we will yap more later (stay away from Donna's cookies, see what they do to ya!!!)
Love ya
Laurrie
OhioBreezy

Galt, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Jen,
Thank you for the warm welcome!! Now you've met my friend, Donna with the cookies!! LOL Bet she finds something new to nibble on!! You mean you have freezes in Florida too???? hehe

Galt, CA(Zone 9a)

Well, Thank you Donna, for letting Laurrie know who I am!! She finally found me!! LOL Glad to hear from you sweetie! Nice to hear from you and all the wonderfully friendly people here. Wondered what you'd been up to, now I know, what with all the rain and flooding you've had. Getting tired of moving your garden??? You've missed out on Donna's terrific laxative cookies!!! Poor thing was really on to something for a while! Right Donna?? LOL She had us all drooling! Now, we think we'll pass on the cookies!
Thanks for the welcome Laurrie. Talk to you soon! Janie

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

A big welcome from me to you Yardmender.....

Shalimar, FL(Zone 8a)

Janie, I'm up in the far NW corner of FL -often called LA (lower Alabama!) So we get a bit of everything. :) Jen

Crossville, TN

Welcome from another Arizonian....Farizona and I get together sometimes...Maybe you'll come by on I-10 sometime and we;ll get to meet you too. OH...and if you get a chanc to meet up with Jacquie...take it!! Jo

Galt, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks Jen, that's kinda like Calif. Everyone thinks, sunny Ca. LOL We get some pretty cold temps. here too. Yucky fog, that lasts for days, and like you say, a little of everything. We even get snow once in awhile. I'm about 30 miles from Sacramento. Nice for plant growin' though!!

Galt, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank you Jo!! I'm so glad to meet another Arizonan. I will definetly look you both up IF I ever get a vacation!!! LOL Jaquie seemed real nice too. I'm sad I missed the chat tonight. I got carried away cleaning cupboards!!! UGH!!! Another one of those jobs you do that nobody gets to see but you!! I keep saying I'm going to invite people over and have all my cupboard doors open!!! LOL

Galt, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Moonlighting! I know everything's big in Texas, so a BIG welcome is very much appreciated!! Thank you!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Yardmender,

Just noticed this thread today so a very belated welcome. Galt is fairly close to Sacramento - nice to have members with similar growing conditions! Let me know when you may be in Sacramento and we can trade garden talk.

Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9a)

Hello Yardmender,

This is yet another belated welcome from yet another Sacramento gardener. Actually, I live in Citrus Heights just a stones throw from Sacramento. I get to drive through Galt about 3 to 4 days a week in the course of work. Galt seems like such a lovely place to live.

I'll be seeing ya 'round the garden here.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

yardmender - might as well be the last belated greeter. welcome from your across the country neighbor from upstate new york

Galt, CA(Zone 9a)

Well, thank you Soilsandup! It's nice to hear from you and thank you too BastetMau! Great to know we're so close to each other. I'd enjoy talking plants with both of you. I live a little way out of Galt, on Liberty Rd. and I work in Galt, part time. I enjoy Dave's Garden and getting to meet so many nice people!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.