ideas for christmas ornaments

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

hi folks,
i was asking a question about the borax crystal snowflakes and i decided i could use your help coming up with some ideas to make my 2003 christmas ornament. every year since the early 1980's i've made family and friends a christmas ornament. over the years the # i make has increased to 40. this has become a challenge at times to come up with an idea, that i don't mind making 40 of, that are pretty, will last for years, and don't take a day or 2 to make for each ornament.
i bought some plastic ornaments last year, when they were marked down. i'm wondering if i could encorporate the crystal borax idea with these. i have bought different colors. i had originally bought them to do something along the idea i'd seen in a catalogue, where they had painted or decoupaged the birthday flower onto the color of your birthday gem's ball. example: i'm january so i would have a dark red ball, for a garnet and a carnation for the flower and write janaury 11th, 1900. lol
does anyone know if the borax crystals would adhere well to the plastic ball? the pipecleaner has a rough texture to it.
what other ideas do you have for these plastic christmas balls? in my stash of craft stuff i have a lot of different products and things. i have paint, glues, starch, varnishes, and such. i have various widths of christmas and non-christmas ribbons, wired and not. i have skinny christmas trims, glitter, glitter paint and paint in bottles. i have batting, stencils, although no Christmas stencils, but i can make a simple one. i have silk flowers, yarn, a few faux gems but no beads. i have some pearls on a string, lots of catalogues with pictures of flowers ;-), a few stickers of this and that,material, gold, silver and copper pens, gold leaf and copper paints, and more. lots of things to work with. so have you any ideas? inquiring minds want to know. :)
thanks debi and my little gardening and crafting buddy franklin

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!