Thunbergia Fragrans

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Thanks Poppysue, it's so pretty!

Thumbnail by Calalily

Here is a side view. Does anyone know anything about this vine?

Thumbnail by Calalily
Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

that looks just like the black eyed susan vine but all white. The seed pod thingies look the same too. Never seen that one before, sure is pretty!!

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Is that from seeds I sent you?

WAAAAAHHHHHH!!! Mine never germinated. I'm glad someone's did!

Poppysue, yes, these came from your seeds. They were really slow getting started. I didn't think they were ever going to come up. I'll save you seeds or start a cutting next spring if you like.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

It's snow white actually. We have to catch hold of the pods otherwise they will disappear. I have tried to do that but I'm unable to collect even one seed. I have no idea when they will burst. I have seen them still green and if I wait for a couple of more days, they are not there! Ironically, it has no fragrance, but it carries the name fragrans.

There are many young babies all around the mother plant and also at distant places! How they fly, one never knows.

This message was edited Sep 11, 2003 9:13 AM

Dinu, I wondered about the fragrance(mine has none). Most of the websites I found said it was not fragrant, but a few said it was.
I will watch for seeds.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Cala, are the seedlings a little fuzzy? Do you think this might be one?..... It sprouted in my banana plant. It might just be a plain ol Black-eyed Susan vine.

Thumbnail by poppysue

It could be Poppysue, they are a teeny bit fuzzy and look a bit like the leaves on the annual one. I'll have to go out in the daylight and take a picture of the leaves.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i have never tried this but this is on a sheet from our zooilogical gardens.

to catch seeds that fly or you cant watch for all the time. ladies we all have these. use panty hose. lightly wrap them around the seed pod. they get sun light and can breath too. when the seed pod burst then they dont go any where.

i havent tried this but if you think about it it might actually be a worth while thing. hope this may help you all catch seeds. imzadi

ps very pretty vine.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Here is the pic of the flower and the seeds. http://plantsdatabase.com/go/2756/

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Did someone decide that this is a thunbergia? I have this too and it grows alot. It is all white and looks just like the yellow and brown one. I've not seen the white thunbergia species.

Sure is neat to hang out with folks who like plants, tho!!!

Margaret, still sweating in Houston

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.