A few Geraniaceae in bloom today

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

I couldnt sit back and see this forum idle so I had to breathe some new life into it.

This is Pelargonium echinatum 'Mrs Stapleton'

Thumbnail by mark

Geranium pyrenaicum collected in the SW Pyrenees

Thumbnail by mark

Geranium pratense 'D Hills'.

It's dark outside now and I cant remember if this is 'Dusky Hills' or 'Distant Hills'

Thumbnail by mark
Bolton, Greater Manc, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

This Pyrenaicum looks the same as what I grow as Molle. It has a wonderful vibrant purple colour very different to the species pyrenaicum. Very floriferous.

This one was collected recently by Peter Yeo. I had to cut the plant hard back to stop the seeds going everywhere. This plant - coll SW Pyrenees - needs an award to flower power and seed production

yep sounds just like mine!

btw my yoshinoi is now in bloom

Thumbnail by psilo

but bad news I missed my nora bremner in flower whilst I was away on holiday !! :(((

Here is my Geranium Molle. It has the same blue centre like yours. The colour is actually closer to yours too than in the photo.

Thumbnail by psilo

my plant is pyrenaicum not molle which is an invasive weed in some gardens

I would call Pyrenaicum Summerskies an invasive weed. It self seeds prolifically all over the place.
I have read that Molle is a weedy looking thing but the molle I grow is large and compact and as impressive as any Pyrenaicum.

maybe you dont have G molle

quite possibly but it is a very different colour to my other Pyrenaicums so it can stay :)

you have got me lost here. "it is a very different colour to my other Pyrenaicums"

It's either g Molle or G pyrenaicum.

Well you said maybe it isnt G.Molle and from the descriptions I have read of it it does cast doubt. It does look like a Pyrenaicum (but there again so does G. Molle)but it is a very different colour from Pyrenaicum species or Summer skies. It is similar to the colour in your photo so it can stay!

Whether it is Molle or Pyrenaicum I dont know for sure.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.