Free Zebrina Malva

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Lots of seeds & small plants available. Will grow 2-3 foot high--spreads like mad! Great for naturalizing. Blooms most of the summer. SASE --email me for address.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Interested here. PLMK particulars

Wandasflowers I would love some seeds.

Jacksonville, IL(Zone 5a)

Those are so cute! I'd love to have some of those seeds also. Are they perennials?

Scotts Mills, OR(Zone 8a)

wow- these are cute too! do these winter over in the NW too? i saw the cleome, and i like both of these . do they sun or shade? would i need to send 2 sase's? i can share them with my Aunt, Lenjo, unless she has them already.

Black Diamond, WA(Zone 8a)

Wanda,
You have email
Doug

Cleome & the Zebrina Malva do not winter over in Iowa, but re-seed temselves easily each year. Both prefer sun to part shade.

These Malva are very bright & bloom all summer. I cut them off when they get leggy to extend blooming. Only 24-30 inches tall. They love to spread, I just pull out the ones that go where I don't want them!

I have envelopes, but I'not good at guessing addresses!

Oh Wanda- you promised you wouldn't do this to me. ;-(

Is it too late to add them to the envelope? If you have any left could you add me to the group. ;-)

Davena

If I can't torture other gardeners, what good am I? Ha Ha Of course you may have some--Got coming out of my ears---
Forgot about a corner where I threw plants from last year, and I need the space for IRISES!!! It's you or the re-cyling bin for these babies...

NO! Not the recycling bin; I will send you out an SASE first thing tomorrow morning and thank you for the offer.
Regular business envelope be ok?

crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Me Me ME please;)

Tina Bolin
po box 1458 Crossville tn 38557

THANKS

I've got a pile of these seeds too. No problem! I'll get them off to you Tina.

Jacksonville, IL(Zone 5a)

I received the malva seeds today. Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to planting them next spring. And the card in which you sent them is just beautiful. What a neat idea! Thanks again.

The cards are an offshoot of my teens refusing to be photographed any more. My flowers can't run away or cover their faces, so I take ROLLS of film. I have about 200 daylily photos right now to make into cards. It's a great way to share & enjoy my garden all year. All the photos are different--I keep my favorites & scan into my plant database. The extra notecards end up as gifts for friends or charity auction items. i LOVED my iris photo cards this year too...

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Just had to jump in here and tell you that I have Zebrina Malva and a bunch of them are blooming at only 8 inches tall. I'm walking on them as they are encroaching on my yard with the brown grass.

Warrenton, OR(Zone 8b)

Wanda, do you happen to have any plants left? Seeds and I just don't seem to get along.

Teisha
teisha101@yahoo.com

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Me too please. I feel like I'm really getting gready but I hope that know one else thinks so. LOL Will those do well in my zone? If you don't think they will, cancel my request.
Tks 4 sharing.

I've got TONS of Zebrina seeds left. If I cut it back mid summer, it blooms until frost. Once you get a patch going, it will self seed... Great for naturalizing or the "ugly " spot....

Independence, MO(Zone 5a)

Wanda I got my seeds....Yippeee....
I also sent you mail..
thanks a bunch
Tracy

I've sent out dozens of these seed packets--should be enough to make the whole country bloom pink next year! LOL

crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Got mine a while ago Wanda. Just now getting around to posting though!!! BAD BAD Tina!!!

Thanx

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Wanda,

Still got seeds?

Brenda

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Wanda, you have mail :)

Morristown, NJ(Zone 6a)

Any seeds left - Can do SASE
lmk
THanks

Coupland, TX(Zone 8a)

Can I get in on this?

Narc/Vicki

I will send you an e-mail Wanda.

Plenty of Zebrina Malva seeds. We've had 3 hard freezes wiping out about everything but my Mums and these cheery little gems. Still making more seeds for whoever wants it. Just send me an email !

Coupland, TX(Zone 8a)

Wanda
The seeds came today. What a treat to recieve a picture as well! Thank you so much for your kindness of the seeds.

You said to chill them before I spread them, in other words should I refrigerate them before I plant?

Thank You again :)

Narc/Vicki

I would , just in case. Mine get a natural freezing each fall, but the self-seeded ones in the summer seem to come up well too. I just know that almost everything but the mums and zebrina have succumbed to the hard frosts we've had here.

Coupland, TX(Zone 8a)

Will do.
Thank you again.
Vicki

San Jose, CA(Zone 9b)

Hello Wanda, I was just reviewing your photos of plants and they are just gorgeous. I have some of the purple cleome and they had just a few seeds. I was amazed at all the seed pods on your pink cleome! I'm growing these flowers for the 1st time this year and just love them. If you still have seeds to spare, I am very interested in the pink and/or white varieties. I could send SASE. I didn't see a trade list for you. Is there anything you're looking for? PLMK

Just send me your name and address. Zebrina Malva start blooming early & just keep going. The darn things are STILL blooming & making more seeds daily...

As to my Cleomes--the secret is plenty of sun & mulch around the stalk. They fan out high, so I plant them between my perennials all over the place. I like the height & constant blooms all summer. I actually realized I had 4 colors of Cleome--guess I never noticed in all the confusion before.

San Jose, CA(Zone 9b)

Thank you, Wanda for the seeds and the tips. Your thumbs are obviously much greener than mine, but I'm a patient student!

I just calls 'em as I see 'em! I figure I've sent out enough zebrina seed to carpet America, but the darn things are STILL blooming outside at 30 degrees! It will take a good covering of snow to kill them off for the year. I need to go out (shiver0 and gather more seeds to share!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.