Free Cleome seeds

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I have deep pink/purple Cleome in all my flower beds. I let it seed each year & then transplant to back rows all over the place. It has a long narrow trunk with a multi head top. It doesn't crowd iris or daylilies and the big deep pink heads are nice from August to frost. I have Waaay to many seeds popping right now. Does anyone want any? Send me an email with address--I can just stick these in an envelope....

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

You Bet! I would love some. Those are beautiful. I will SASE when you let me know.
Thank you again
Jan

I just noticed that all 3 colors are blooming this year: deep pink/purple, light pink/dark pink and white/light pink. Very old fashioned, but I just noticed that the leaves look like marijuana.LOL
This might be a real challenge... SASE would be nice

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

PLMK particulars thanks

Jacksonville, IL(Zone 5a)

I grew cleome for the first time this year and just love it! It's so showy. Mine are pink and white. I'd love to have some of the dark pink and pink ones. Please let me know where to send the sase. Thanks for the offer.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

I would love some too. Let me know where to send sase. This is my first year growing them too and they are all white with pink. Yours are lovely!

Scotts Mills, OR(Zone 8a)

wow, i've never seen these before and know nothing about them, but they might be fun to try - i would love the pink/purple. would they grow in the rainy NW?

I don't know. They are a staple in the older gardens here. I like the lacy look of the foliage & the big blossum heads. So easy to grow.Email me your addresses people & I'll get them mailed out!

St. Louis, MO(Zone 6b)

I'm interested. Please save some for me. I'll mail you my address. Thanks, Padre

Plain City, OH(Zone 5b)

You might want to chill the seeds before starting them. If you have one cleome this year - next year you have LOTS! BUT they come up very late - just about the time you give up on them - they pop up.

Isn't that the truth! I just transplant what I want & smother the others in mulch. Works great. They do pop up after June 10 or so here. And they're 5 foot tall before you know it! Wish I had a spot I could just let naturalize with Tansy& coneflowers & batchelor buttons & ditch lilies.... Wouldn't that be beautiful???

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Oh I would love to try these seeds too! Have not grown them before!

Kingston, GA(Zone 7b)

Am I too late to ask for some of all three of your cleome colors? I sowed some seed this year but only had 4 plants to grow (1 white & 3 pink). I would love to have some cleome seeds to try again next spring. Please let me know if you have any extras. Thank you. (CB) :)

I have plenty of Cleome for both of you--all 3 colors! It's still blooming & I can gather seed until frost. I'll get it mailed out on Monday. It's wierd looking but fitis in a tight space easily since all the branching & flowerheads are 4 foot off the ground! You can see it blooming this week in the bacckround of this bed.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wanda, if you come down with Arlene for a visit in a couple of weeks or so, could you bring some seed with you. I haven't grown cleome' for a couple of years and they look so pretty. I'll have some things for you too, but you guys better bring Arlene's wagon. Envelopes won't work. LOL!! Thanks so much.

Shirley

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

I think this is what was growing @ my GF apt. I kept telling her to catch me some seeds but alas, the Groundskeeper kept beating her to the seeds. He probably didn't even know he was cutting the seeds off.
If you will email me your addy, I'll be happy to send you an SASE.
Thanks for sharing!

Kingston, GA(Zone 7b)

Wanda, I really appreciate you sharing your cleome seeds with me. Your garden is beautiful. Is that yarrow in the front of the pic? If it is, it is so pretty---mine always sprawls everywhere and doesn't stand up proud like yours. What is your secret to making them stand so nicely? I sent you an email with my addy. I will send you refund on the postage. Thank you for sharing with me. CB

CB, the photo posted here? Last weeks photo of : Autumn Joy Sedum(front), Batchelor Buttons(blue front), Garlic Chives(white), rusty red mums, snapdragons, zinnia, cleome....
My beds are a true comglomeration , changing constantly.

this photo shows black eyed Susans, Bouncing Bet, Peacock Orchids, Blue Speedwell, Sedum, red Goblin blanketflowers +++

Smockette & Brugie,
I'm harvesting seeds today. Send me a private email with your addresses & I'll just mail you the Cleome!

Kingston, GA(Zone 7b)

Ohhhh I love your pretty pretty garden pics---wish I could see them in person---I love them. :) CB

If you do, I'll have you pulling weeds! LOL Bring a BIG box, everyone leaves here with more plants than they need!!! LOL

columbia, SC(Zone 8b)

Do you still have more seeds to share.
Am a new gardener trying to collect seeds to trade and plant.
LMK
gayle

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

if you plant the seeds inside before spirng to transplant out you have to do a whole thing with the refrigerator, i think the best thing to do is throw them on the ground now and you'll have seedlings in the spring. what do the rest of you say?
i tried it the first way and wasn't successfulk, but then again i'm major newbi on seed starting. now the second way i do with violas too. works like a charm.
here's a close-up of a white and pink.

Thumbnail by debi_z

I have tons of the Cleme seeds available for whoever wants them---2 colors available now.

The Cleome that self seeded usually appears by June. Not as early as some of my other self-seeders. I throw down extra seeds if I don't see any by then. Chilling them is for Southeran gardeners. Iowa has enought winter chill to make even me dormant! LOL

Kearney, NE(Zone 5a)

I would like to have some of both colors of cleome. LMK where to send a SASE if you still have plenty left. thanks
jackie

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

I also would love to have both colors if possible of the Cleome Wanda. LMK where to send SASE too. Thanks
JulieAnne

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

here is a picture of a cleome seedling. this spring i had to ask folks here on dave's what it was. :-) this was taken on may 15th here in massachusetts, my zone 6 full sun garden.

Thumbnail by debi_z
Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

I would really like to have some seeds also, thanks for the very generous offer.
Alice

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Wanda, TY for the seeds. They arrived yesterday!
Your card is just beautiful! I am showing it to everyone! Their first thought is that is what the seeds are.
Now if I can just get some of your beautiful flowers.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wanda, thanks for the seeds. Can't wait to have them in my garden next year.

I sent out 10 more packs of Cleome seeds today--the country should be blanketed in them by next summer! LOL Wierd, tall & fit in most anywhere since the stalk doesn't branch out until about 2 feet tall...

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

Wanda
Seeds arrived today thanks again, and I really enjoyed your lovely cards, balloon flowers are some of my favorites, I have a very few seeds for pink ones if you would like some.
Alice

Harlem, GA(Zone 8a)

Wanda I have to tell you when your seeds arrived today, the picture you put on the front was gorgeous of the Fuschia Dream Wow...its beautiful!!!! Thank you for the seeds and lovely card :-)

Kearney, NE(Zone 5a)

Wanda,
Your Cleome seeds arrived today. Thanks a bunch. I will enjoy planting them next spring. You card was great!! Thanks again for being so generous.
Jackie

Alice, I'd love to try growing some pink balloon flowers! All of mine are blue & it would be an interesting color to add to my new beds.

The note cards are a way for me use the leftover photos I take each year. My kids won't hold still any more, so I need to photo something! It's also a great way to enjoy my gardens when they are sleeping under a layer of snow....

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Got here late, but would love to get some if any available. I just love them and didn't have a single one of my seedlings make it this year due to all the soggy weather. I even had some lavender ones and cherry red, but now not a single seed here.
Let me know if any are leftover
Thanks,
Candee

I have plenty of Cleome seeds--2 colors! Just send your name & Address & I'll send you some free seeds. Let's make America Beautiful--one garden at a time!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8a)

I believe I sent you an email. Let me know if you want me to send a SASE. I don't think I have much to trade yet... I need to confirm some of my seeds are viable. I will split some irises this weekend, collect some seeds in earnest, and list them.

Cheers,
Jermainiac

I was just out in the garden this evening--I'll have enough Cleome to carpet the nation if I do this right. LOL
Plenty of seeds for free--just email me your address. Mine have gotten even more lovely since the rain last week & cooler weather. You can see here that they are as tall as my cannas.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Wanda, in case you didn't see mail call, I got the cleome. Can't thank you enough, may have a few dracs left as SASE have stopped coming in. Just email if interested,
Candee

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.