First rain for a LONG time

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Today was the last opportunity for an outing with my mum, daughter and grandchildren before the schools go back next week, so we planned a trip to the 'Enchanted Forest' at Groombridge Garden in E Sussex.

As we got within five miles the heavens opened and it chucked it down! We sat in the car park wondering what to do and having an early raid on the picnic bags. A totally inside attraction seemed the place to be so we set off for Hastings (via Tunbridge Wells is a strange way to go from where we live LOL)

When we arrived it was dry and hadn't rained at all lol, there was even a little sun. We found an ideal spot in a car park looking out to sea for our picnic. Then we went into the magical Waterlife centre and learned about sharks and rays and all sorts of fascinating marine life. I don't know which kids enjoyed it more - I suspect all five of us were equally captivated :)

They have a tunnel under the shark tank so they swim over your head and you can look up at all the 'jaws' But I think my favourite were the squid....or was it the moon jellyfish......or the tropical reef.....or...

Most of my photos were total garbage, but this one from a tankful of anemones worked out better

Thumbnail by philomel
Essex, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Pretty picture Philomel. Here in Essex we've just had (last night ) the first rain in weeks & weeks. Really miffs me that I see London in the news only 40 miles away & it's chucking it down. I wait & wait but it doesn't get here!!!!!!!
One small shower today. What I'd give for 3 or 4 days continuous rain.............

Yes, we're like that here. It can be raining cats and dogs 10 miles down the road, and not a drop here. This time though we had two days rain
It was certainly pouring as I went round the M25 through Essex on friday morning, but had stopped before I got level with Cambridge.
Had a beautiful dry weekend in York :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.