Bring them In?

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

The bougainvillia I know must come inside here over winter, but how about the bonsai portulaca? I am thinking inside also, but will leave the bonsai juniper out through the winter?

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

Do bring in your portulaca, and leave the juniper outside. To protect the pot and the roots, bury your juniper with its pot in a flower/growing bed and mulch.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thank you tim, didn't know about the juniper.

Proctorville, OH(Zone 5b)

Thank you, it's these easy questions that throw me.
Now when would we do that? Before what temp? or before first frost?

Thank you.
Abigail

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Before first frost, I always try to get a jump start and begin bringing things in the mid-end of September.

Great... We are still out & about then. Still looking for stuff to do, so that makes sense. Thanks.

Abigail

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Oops, hard frost for first time last eve and forgot about the juniper, hope it isn't too late, looked fine today, but better get it moved soon.

I just wanted to say ditto. I was laughing as I replanted it yesterday. But it does still look fine... we'll see.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I put the juniper in a much larger pot, pot in a pot so to speak and filled it with mulch. I put about 3" of mulch in the larger pot, set the potted juniper inside and filled the ring between the pots with mulch and several inches on top. Will that be sufficient?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.