Fight, Fight!!!

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Talk about territorial. We have about 12 hummers and this is what they do all day long. It is comical to watch them going around in circles trying to get at each other. These two look like they really mean business. Who ticked who off?

Thumbnail by Debby
Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

very interesting picture

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Cool shot, Debby! They are soo territorial - we never have had so many at a time!

Northport, ME(Zone 5b)

Debby, get another feeder. Those look like female Ruby-throats. The males here will sit on the fence 6 ft. from a feeder and guard it. So I hung another about 30 ft. away. More happy customers.

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

We have two feeders up about 30 feet apart on different sides of the house and they fight between the two. The males sit up in the tree and watch our feeders and then dive bomb the ones that are trying to get a drink.

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

What a great shot Debby!! I was in the yard this weekend and two were dive bombing each other over the flowerbed. Of course I did not have my camera on me. Brenda

COLUMBIA, TN(Zone 6b)

I DON'T HAVE QUITE THAT MANY,BUT THEY GO UP AND LIKE YO-YO'S MOST OF THE DAY. I HAVE SEEN THEM FIGHT TO THE GROUND AND I'M SO AFRAID MY CATS WILL GET ONE.THESE DAYS IT'S TO HOT FOR THE CATS TO MOVE AROUND AND THEY'RE GETTING OLD AND LAZY.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.