Double blue Clitorea

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Oh boy, Look what finally blooomed for me, this little guy is so pretty!! It's a keeper for sure! Thanks, Dinu!!

This message was edited Thursday, Aug 21st 10:03 PM

Thumbnail by Carena
Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Here's another one, I don't know how I got this border on it!

Thumbnail by Carena
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Gosh, Caren, another great vine.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

ooooohhhhhhh, I want one of those too :(

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Carena, I'm so happy to see this picture! Glad that it is doing so well there. It will give you many many seeds for sure. I think this season is the best for this plant here. There are so many flowers covering the vine now and it is a treat to watch the big blooms in blue!

Susan, I will be sending this clitoria seeds along with the MG today.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Thanks Dinu, I'm still working on yours but will try to get it out next week :)

(Zone 5a)

Ohhh it's so beautiful! This one is a must have. Carena what can I say but....I am jealous lol.

This message was edited Tuesday, Aug 26th 2:26 PM

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Wind, I'll have to watch mine for seeds and you will have to remind me!

(Zone 5a)

I sure will and thank you so much,if I have anything that you would like let me know.

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

I'll probably have a few seeds too, I have seed pods starting to form.

(Zone 5a)

I know a lot of people are going to want to trade for these beauties, good luck with your seeds.
I am hoping to get seeds this year from the Corkscrew Vine. After last years no show of seeds I don't hold out much hope.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Carena, almost all the flowers go to seed. Each legume will have about 4-8 seeds. Allow it to dry completely on the plant till almost the time for it to twist open when pressed along the edges. Fully mature pods will get brown and usually makes a rattle when shaken lightly. Only then it should be harvested.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

And don't lay them on the kitchen counter unopened, they fly all over the place when the pod twists open!(ask me how I know, lol)

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the warning! I'll cover the pods with a nylon pouch right on the plant so I won't lose any seeds if I forget to check them.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Yes, that is the best idea! But after a stage, you will have tens of pods and you require patience.

(Zone 5a)

Are the seeds real tiny?

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Is this a (Common Name) Corkscrew Vine? If not who posted a photo of the Corkscrew Vine?

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Never Mind.... I found one...Windsurffer had it posted...Gosh I think she's got one of everything....sure is pretty....:O)

This message was edited Friday, Aug 29th 10:05 AM

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

no, wind, they are about 1/4 inch

(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the information.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Wind, I'm mailing them today.

(Zone 5a)

Thank you so much, and did you get my email? Be sure to let me know if there is anything you want on my list so far. I will have more seeds to offer later.

That is just beautiful,Carena

This message was edited May 20, 2005 12:41 PM

(Zone 5a)

Carena I can't wait to see your other flowers in bloom.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.