Another hot day ahead of us.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

No sign of relief in sight either. I had hoses going nonstop yesterday moving them from one bed to another. The soaker hose has been on the grapes since yesteday morning. Hopefully they will pick up some of the water and have more juice than they do right now. I can put off harvesting them for another several days if I need to. The tomatoes on the other hand must be done today.

I need to go to town immediately and get pet feed and the milk that has been there for me to pick up since Tuesday. Then back to water some more and work on tomatoes.

I took the baby guinea-peas out to the bird house Tuesday morning. They were in the side pen in there until yesterday when I opened the door and let them out to the pen that is connected to that side of the building. I think they stayed in there about an hour before escaping. Kyle helped me catch them when he came home yesterday afternoon. They had gone to the far side of the yard fairly early and were so frightened . I finally got them to come up to the bird house area in the late afternoon. Don't know if I'll let them out of the building again today or not. There is a combination storm screen door there so they get plenty of light and fresh air.I need to line that pen with chicken wire so they can't wiggle out thru the chain link fence. Then I'll have to raise the height of a portion of the fence to the full 6' so they can't fly over it as easily. Once they accept the bird house as home it will be ok. Mrs. G., their mother, kept calling for them then flogged and pecked them when they came to her. They are so confused by her behavior.

Not much interesting going on around here so I'll get myself going.
GOD bless and keep each and all of you.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!