13 long

(Zone 5a)

I forgot to add the inches in the title lol.
I am very surprised at the shape of my apple gourds this year but I can't complain about the size.

This message was edited Wednesday, Aug 20th 11:00 PM

Thumbnail by windsurffer
(Zone 5a)

It is 23 1/8" round

Thumbnail by windsurffer
Crossville, TN

I want one!! Poor me! I don't have anyApply Gourd Seeds either!! If you bring me some I will bring you something to round up!! Jo

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

I've never seen that one before. Sure is a big gourd

(Zone 5a)

I will be sure to bring you some seeds for this one, I also have some for the Yucca gourd and others, the list is just too long lol.
I don't know what happened to the apple gourds this year, they seem to be distored. I had some perfect ones last year but these are so long instead of being round???? I think it's because we've had rain every day since spring.

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

What a beauty! Good growing, Wind :)

(Zone 5a)

Thanks but I thinks it was the rain.

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

The good and bad of rain... Good title for a book!

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh, windsurffer can you save me some seeds? That looks like a perfect size for painted crafts.... There is also an African Wine Kettle anybody have any of those???.. :o)

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Doesn't she just grow the coolest gourds? You should enter one in a contest sometime :)

(Zone 5a)

Morph I think your right :} but I would rather give up the rain and water them my self. I think I am going to have to have a pool party in my back yard the next time it floods and your invited. Here is what my applese looked like last year without all the rain http://plantsdatabase.com/go/54003/

Willow I sure will, I do have some kettle gourds seed and the is one that I decorated to go with my painting.

This message was edited Thursday, Aug 21st 10:44 AM

Thumbnail by windsurffer
Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Wind, I really like this one! Cool idea and use of the kettle gourd :) I MIGHT be able to pull something like that off, but never any of your images or detail work like the faces.

(Zone 5a)

You'd be surprised what you can do, this one took more time to do than my drawings. Waiting for paint to dry and trying to keep the brat cats off of it is no easy job.
I had to scrape a few bugs off while it dried outside.

This message was edited Oct 18, 2003 11:01 PM

Amazing, totally amazing.
Paint it red, and oh my, what a big apple to give to a teacher.

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Way to go.... I love the way you decorated it...and the dry arrangement was just the right touch.....I do decorative painting on them I am working on a snowman and Santa now.....I will post pix when I finish... I work on them when the weather is bad and can't be outside.....:o)

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

I agree with you Susan! She does grow some cool looking gourds!

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Flow, you're giving me bad news ce soir... We just got new kitty 'bout a month ago you know. First feline in the home & working well with dominant canine population.

However, I didn't factor feline equation into crafting on decision to bring it home. Did you see his pix yet?

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

no, have to go look..........where at?

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Darn it... Can't remember where I posted this... I hate to post picture twice... I see a good photo op here...

Okay, here he is tonight looking like an angel :)

Thumbnail by Morph
Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh, he's precious

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh Moprheee....it's so darling....I just love cats, have two myself.... Moonlighting has a kitty like that....if she would post a picture you could see kinda what he will look like when he grows up........ :o)

This message was edited Friday, Aug 22nd 8:49 AM

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

Willow is such a proud grandma.....heres a pic of her grandkitty, lol.....

Thumbnail by moonlighting
Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

OH MY GOD....!!!!!!!!!!!

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

His hair is long now but he usually sports a "lion cut"....

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Awwwww! I can picture our little Blizzard looking JUST like when he grows up! That is amazing & he's so cute! His presence seems just like Blizzard's right now ☺ Thanks for posting, Moonlighting.

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

YW......(Ü)

(Zone 5a)

CoCo if you would like one painted red, just say the word.

WillowW I will be looking forward to seeing your gourd art.

Thanks Molly but your gourds are doing very well this year....you just go girl!
I have found some new apple gourds on the vine but they are still small but hoping that they will get big enough before the frost, keeping my fingers crossed.

Morph what a lovely little gourd you have there lol, I just couldn't help it. Such a beautiful baby, and Willow is just as pretty as baby.

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Why thank you, Wind ~ lol! Sorry about the temporary shift of the thread. I think we're back on track now ☺

We're all growing such different gourds this year. I think it's so much fun!

Here's my long handled dipper...

Thumbnail by Morph
(Zone 5a)

Now that's a goud!

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Shucks, I went back to the top of this thread and saw that you put a measuring tape next to yours. I'll do that (hopefully) and get a size on it. It's really DS's gourd. When we visited Mt. Gilead for all of 15 minutes, he was amazed by these. So, after lots of research, I found someone that sold the EXTRA long handled dipper gourds. I have no idea what he's going to do with it if it dries properly and all....

(Zone 5a)

I was wondering how long it was. I am trying to get some of mine to curl.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.