Introducing myself...new member starting Aug. 19, '03

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi,
I am new to this site. I was on another garden forum and decided to look for another because I wasn't happy with the practices over there. I won't mention any names. (I was known as margieh) When I came across Dave's Garden during a google search, I felt like I had found what I was looking for.
I have been into daylilies for one year now. I just love them and am now up to just under 90 cultivars. Previously I was mostly into veggies. I like to grow organic and mostly practice it.
I also love photography and will be checking out those forums also.
Glad to be here and am looking forward to learning more about daylilies and veggies and photography, too.

There are quite a few folks here who have found DG a welcome change from some other on-line communities. Welcome, and enjoy this beautiful place!

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank you whiterose...
I think I will enjoy it. So many forums, I need to spend less time on the computer, not more & that is going to be so hard now!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Welcome picturelady from Maryland. What a terrific place this is!

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

Welcome, picturelady. You are gonna love it here.

True, DG will keep you on the 'puter longer than you think you should be, but it's not usually time wasted. So many gardeners to meet, things to learn, cultivars to obsess about ... lol!

Cheri'

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank you Dea, I am liking it already !!

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Cheri,
I think I thanked you on the daylily forum, but thank you again. You are right, my time will not be wasted on the computer!! So much to learn, so little time! I just love daylilies and there is always something new to learn about them, plus meeting nice people. What could be more important? (I am afraid my DH does not always understand! Especiall when he is humgry!) Margie

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

glad to have you :)

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi Margie and welcome to our great site. I say "our" because we feel like this is our home away from home. lol

I just saw your post at "Daves garden" and you hit the nail on the head with your observation of us being able to talk with Dave. He is a wonderful webmaster and person and keeps us entertained all the time.

I am not a daylily grower as I don't have the space for larger plants, but I enjoy looking at them.

Welcome from another Californian, down south
Donna

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Warm Welcome to you Margie. Very glad to have you here with us. I look forward to seeing your posts. Hope you feel as much at home as we all do.
Wont be long til you think you have GOT to log onto Daves Garden just to see what all is happening. I personally can't go a day without checking in here. :)
If you get lost, or got any questions just ask away we'll be glad to help in any way we can.

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
I think I am going to like it here. Margie

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

A hearty Welcome to DG from the NC mountains!

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

I'll throw in a welcome aboard too picturelady! Don't need to tell ya how much yer gonna love this place, other's before me already 'splained that to ya!
Lookin forward to seein yer fotos, readin yer posts, and gettin yer tips on growin daylilies! I'm startin a collection of those beauts, along with my work on a new hosta garden. See ya around DG! ;~)

TC...

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

We just had a coop on daylilies that sbarr ran. I'm sure there will be more of them in the spring. You'll like the coop forum. Someone offers to buy at wholesale prices and ship to us. We get some great deals that way. The people that run the coops are masichists, but we love them!

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Welcome aboard.

Brenda

CHINA, MI(Zone 6a)

WELCOME TO DAVE'S GARDEN, FUN PLACE.
KEN

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Welcome from the coast of Texas Picturelady....Enjoy your gardening with us.......hope you love it here... :o)

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Welcome from the hot gardens of Iowa! You'll love this place-it's lots of fun!

Crossville, TN

Welcome Picturlady...Also to Wandasflowers.... I hope to meet both of you in our twice-weekly chat room...Tuesday nights at 7 PM EDT...and Thursday Morning at 7 AM EDT. When you see the "Smiley Faces" on the right of your page....chat is open!! Join us. Jo

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

I am once again excited to get up in the morning and check my garden forum! Thank you all for your warm welcome.
Margie

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Margie!
We are not too far from each other. I am in Stockton, CA.
I came from another site too & I have to say, this is soooo much nicer. Everyone is so kind & considerate. I have not once felt like I was back in high school & not in the "in crowd"! LOL This site is #1 & so are the members! Enjoy.
Donna

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

PudgyMudpies,
My husbands parents lived in Stockton, no not very far at all. I was going to ask you if you go to the AHS meetings and then realized everyone here is not 'into' daylilies!
I am enjoying it here already. Especially being able to talk to management, instead of having posts expressing an opinion different than the managements erased! Margie

Welcome to Dave's Garden picturelady. Glad to have you among us and looking forward in seeing some of your pictures. We're all here to help out in any way we can.

"There are only three things in life that matter -- good friends, good chocolate and, oh dear, what was that other one?"

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Waving from South West KY !!

Glad you're aboard. You'll wonder in 2 weeks how you managed without us!

By the way,I'm a veggie gal too, and love photography.We'll have lots in common.

Here's a shot I set up of some common cowpeas.

Thumbnail by melody
San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Oh boy! Another Californian! We will get us a Round Up yet. Greetings from San Diego. My Dad is in Napa so I make it that way every now and again. Janice

Crossville, TN

you California people better wait until SoCal and I get back from the KY Round Up if ya'll are going to have one!! Me and Farizona just might like to join you!! Jo

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Well that roundup sounds like a grand idea! And Frogs, don't forget your swinging by my place for cuttings on your way home from your dads! I keep holding off on pruning cuz I think "oh, she will want some of that!" or maybe you are just my excuse to be lazy! LOL I DID give in and trim some of the Thunbergia Grandiflora back & stick in in my starting trays. But that was just a drop in the bucket from what needs doing.
Everything just keeps growin & I just keep watchin from my swing!
hehehehe
Margie,
What a small world! Wonder if we know each other. Too funny.
And Melody,
that picture would make a GREAT print for my kitchen! Very nice.
Donna

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi, PictureLady! My hubby's around here somewhere - Howie's his name at DG (and here at home, for that matter). My mom's Lotusblossom, and my mom's sister is Whiterose. From our family to yours, welcome!

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

You guys are really great with your welcomes ! Thank you again...
Also, I don't know anything about the 'round-ups'. Could someone tell me about them. I saw a forum, but will have to check it out further, also.
Margie

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Welcome from Oregon. I discovered daylilies a few years ago, they're tough plants and that is what I need for my climate. So far I don't care about the names as long as they grow and I like the flower. I'm also into vegies and we are building a greenhouse so I can play more in the winter.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Margie,We DG people just can't get enough of each other,so we plan get togethers(Roundups)It's like a family reunion.We all get together,eat,swap plants,tell tales and have a great time.

There are several different ones in the planning right now,and you are welcome at any of them,regardless of where you live or how long you've been a member here.Actually,it helps newbies get to know us 'old folk' better.

There is a big one that I am 'hosting' here in West KY the end of Sept.that people are coming from all over the country for.

Anyone can get one started...'if you plan it...they will come'

We have had several really nice ones in years past.I went to the one in TN last year,and there was a great one in TX last year too.

Go to the Roundup Forum and read the threads,then go to the Roundup Pictures Forum and get to know us while we're having fun.

Again, Welcome!

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks Melony,
I liked your picture. I tend to be into photographing my daylilies right now! Actually that is an understatement. I should say I have about a dozen photos of each bloom. Thank goodness I don't have many blooms yet, being only one year into it. Although I do have a number of my veggie photos also.
I will check out the round-up. Any you know of one the west coast? Margie

This message was edited Monday, Aug 25th 9:29 PM

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

From the hot southern state of Texas I welcome you picturelady, hope you like it here as much as we do!!!...(Ü)

Orange Park, FL(Zone 8b)

PictureLady

WELCOME to Dave's Garden!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

margie welcome to the very best site on the net-ive been here from the very start. Its a wonderful place and wonderful people.
Im also addicted to daylilies-i had like 20 kinds this spring but now im afraid to take a tally-i have 8 new rows with more than 20 a row! shhhhhhh
i cant stop myself!!!
welcome to our site
im -dori

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Welcome Margie. Glad you are here. Hope to see you around the forums.

Shirley

Austin, MN(Zone 4b)

A big welcome to you from the birth place of SPAM Luncheon meat. Hope to see beautiful pictures of your day lilies. You will find lots of cool things here in DG. Everyone is so friendly here.

Mary

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

I am over-welmed by all the wecome greetings.
I know a few of you mentioned being into dayliles! Thanks for that,too. Anyone else into them or photographs? Margie

Santa Clara, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Margie, Someone from my area. I'm in Santa Clara, not far at all. I have daylilies also, that I'm planning a big move this year from the backyard to the front. I also grow as many veggies as I can fit in during the year. Welcome and maybe we can get together sometime. Kathy

Pioneer, CA

Welcome Margie, I live in Pioneer Ca, about a 3 hour drive from you, up 88 on the way to Tahoe.We also lived in San Jose, then Scotts Valley and Aptos. We've been here for about 6 years now and really love the mountains.Have you ever visited Amador Farms In Plymouth? They have about 800 varieties of daylilies and the place is absolutely gorgeous when they are in bloom. You can find them on the web -- just go to google and put in amadorfarms.com you'll love it. Again, welcome---- Jacquie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.