Blue Potato Vine

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I can't remember, is this Solanum seaforthianum or crispum? I got the seeds from Frannie.

Thumbnail by Calalily
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

I don't know my potato vines that well, but it really resembles what I have the solanum crispum, Glasnevin. Poppysue sent me the kind you referred to and it is in my greenhouse growing really well. It looks a lot like what we call the weed deadly nightshade. I realize they are all related. Are the leaves on your plant glossy? Glasnevin's leaves are shiny.

It is a vine at least 6 ft long and still growing. I can't remember if the leaves are shiny. I'll check tomorrow.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

My guess would be Solanum seaforthianum. Mine hasn't bloomed yet this year :( Maybe it's been too cold for it. Don't know as I'll winter it over if the stinker isn't going to bloom!

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Poppy, I think the one you sent me is beginning to show buds.

Angleton, TX(Zone 9a)

Susie . . save seeds. Mine did not come back because it froze. All my other vines came back and I guess this is a little more sensitive to cold.

Ok Frannie, or I can try to root a piece.

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Man mind never did that....they are so pretty....:)

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Mine stays loaded with blooms most of the year.. The one outside in the ground has bloomed non-stop since early spring..It is at least 8-10 feet.. Also, one I have in a pot that I take in for the winter, blooms most of the winter, just not as heavily.They root super easy..
Larkie

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey can I talk one of you out of some seeds or rooted plants, maybe mine isn't the same cause it never has bloomed.....e-mail me if you have some seeds or roots....I might have a trade if there is something your looking for... :O)

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

This is a picture of my solanum seaforthianum "Vincent lilac". It looks like yours Sue. It finally started to bloom this year and hasn't stopped yet.

Donna

Thumbnail by SoCal

That's it!!! That looks like mine(even in a green basket like mine)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.