Where Did My Fence Disappear To???

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

During August, my split rail fence is covered in a wall of Clematis! Changes will begin shortly.....stay tuned!

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Wow, is your yard neat.

That's impressive - love your garden gate.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Looks great. Is that Sweet Autumn? Mine has hidden the arch it is on from one side.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

that's cool :)
wish I had a fence to cover like that..........the condo association would have a cow

Yes, it is Sweet Autumn Clematis that is several years old. I lost the exact count, but the stem of the ONE (1) plant is several inches in diameter! It covers the 5 foot section of fence you see before you, 3/4 of the way over the arbor and half of the other 5 foot section!

All I do in early Spring is cut it down to 1 foot above the soil line, fertilize in the Spring and keep it watered, when we don't have rain. It does the rest all on it's own!

What until next month, the fence will be transformed into a blanket of small white flowers. The bees absolutely adore them!

Flowox, the condo association may get upset with putting something on their property (that they have to maintain), but I'm sure that even vining green leaves would help to soften the hard lines of the fence. The worst they can say is "NO".

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

that's alright, I'm not supposed to have an arch set up either that I have for my morning glories. Jim owns this condo and he said if they want us to take it down they'll have to say something first.........lol. I can't put much on the fence at all as far as growing goes as they are talking about replacing the fences. I wish they would let us know when they plan on doing it so I can plan out where I'm going to put my plants. I know if they trampel my plants someone is going to get a bill

Hopefully, your condo assoc. is nice and will send a letter or flier to the owners to notify them of any architectural changes, BEFORE THEY HAPPEN!

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

well we know they'll happen since we have to pay a $500 assessment that has to be paid by January but they haven't given us a date for it yet :(
the fence, the parking lot and the porches..........will be paying assessments for the next four years...........yikes. So much for us thinking we'll have some extra money left after we had paid stuff off

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

me too........lol
thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.