Ideas needed for pots

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I just bought several different types of Rex Begonias and I plan on placing them on a ledge outside my kithcen window. The window overlooks my back gardens also.

I need to go buy me some new pots and was wondering if I should buy all the same type/color to give this area some unity. The Rex's are in several different colors and shapes. I have seen so many pretty collections of potted groupings, but when I try it myself, it just doesn't look right. Any input here would be truly appreciated.

Thanks, Donna

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Donna, you can unify the grouping by using several techniques. Buy all the same planters. Buy different planters but all the same color. Buy all the same planter but in different colors. Chose a color and make all the planters different in texture and size... In other words give the grouping a single thing to tie them together Size, Shape, Color, Texture..pick one or more of these and you have a unified group that still has character and interest.

Thanks for making it sound so easy. lol

I completely understand what you are saying, so I guess I will have to go out and do some pot shopping this week. I will post a picture of it when I get it all finished.

Donna

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL! It is easy once you decide which way you want to go...it is making up your mind and sticking to it that can be hard once you get to shopping and see all the possibilities! I'll be watching for your picture:~)

Zany, I finally found the pots I liked and they came in several of my colors. I planted these up this week...what do you think? The plants still need to grow up alittle, so you don't have the full effect yet.

Donna

Thumbnail by SoCal

Donna, I love your arrangement of pots. They look so pretty.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

They look great. Keeping them all the same size and shap but varying the colors really makes it look pulled together without being boring. But you needed to move over just a little to take the picture...I can't see all of you in the reflection ;~)

Thanks Zany for the compliment and I appreciate your help in giving me the idea for this project.

I did move!!!... back into the middle so you "wouldn't" see me. hehe

Donna

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

I saw you hiding, Donna!

Very pretty arrangement of pots!

Hope to be there to see them in person very soon!

Can't fool you Arlene...

So when are you coming back again. I know you were out here for your Step daughters wedding, but I didn't even mentioned that you try to come by as you would be so busy. Can't wait for another great visit and lunch is on me this time. hehe

Donna

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Hopefully before you go to round up

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.