August 9, 2003

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Good Morning Everyone,
Goodness, Everyone is so busy lately.
It's State Fair time here in Missouri. Hubby and I got off early from work yesterday. I spent quite a bit of time in the sheep barn and hog barn. Now, yesterday I wondered at my sanity. Really. The smell in the hog barn brought a tear to my eye. Crazy huh? Too many years of raising hogs as a kid. thousands and thousands of them. Now, as an adult I really don't have any desire to raise that many hogs. I wouldn't mind having a nice litter or two running around, but not that many. Not wise anyway. Not a money maker anymore. We were lucky to be able to watch a couple Hereford Heifer classes. and one cow and calf class. One little girl got her foot stepped on pretty good. She shook it off , I could tell it hurt pretty good. She should have gotten a spunk award.
After the walk around the fair, Hubby and I went to the Kenny Chesney concert. That was fun. Hubby is not a country music fan. Thought he held up pretty good. and he said he even enjoyed the music!
ok, need to start moving around here and getting some stuff done.

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!