Boulevard Cypress

Media, PA(Zone 6a)

I own a boulevard cypress; genus chamae cyparis however I cannot seem to find information on it. When I investigate chamae cyparis I find trees that look nothing like mine. My tree grows to about 30' and has very soft blue, green and white verigated leaves. I would love to know more about it.

Thumbnail by PhillyGardner
Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

Hi PhillyGardner,
Try a google search using Chamaecyparis pisifera boulevard. Chamaecyparis is the genus and is one word, not two. That's why you have run into trouble trying to find info on your plant.

Here is a nice picture of a 'Boulevard' cypress:

http://www.esveld.nl/htmldia/c/chpbou.htm
Mike

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Philly: I planted one of these for my mother several years ago, long before she sold her house.

I wasn't into gardening much then, and all I remember is the nurseryman said that it would grow to around 10-12', and is would not be hardy above 3,000 feet (she was in the mountains, and close to 3,000'). She was in zone 6a then.

I loved how soft it was, and the light varigation.... I also remember he said it was great for pruning into sculptured shapes.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

I have two of them, one is close to my largest pool and I don't want it to get too large. If!!! our weather ever gets back to normal temp. and i can work outside i will take my clippers to it and shear. I've done that the past couple of years and have managed to keep it less than 6 feet tall. Love them. Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.