I finally shot a flutterby!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Now that I am getting more comfortable with the optical zoom I fianlly managed to shoot a butterfly. It was about 18 ft. overhead and 20 ft or so away but I got it :~)

Thumbnail by Zanymuse
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

When I saw it I had to go in to get the camera and it had dead batteries. I changed them and was amazed it was still there long enough to get of a couple of shots! Those blackberry blossoms must be tasty!

oops same picture!

This message was edited Wednesday, Aug 6th 3:12 AM

Thumbnail by Zanymuse
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Here is a different one!

Thumbnail by Zanymuse
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

nice shots zany. i went to get my camera and when i came out it proceeded to fly down the driveway and across the street. :)

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

dibi... your camera FLIES? LOL.

Nice shots, zany... I have that same kind of butterfly, but it won't stay still for a photo.

Grady, AL(Zone 8a)

What a beauty!!!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks! We get these a lot but this is the first time all summer one has stayed put long enough to be shot.

Now if I could smarten up emough to take pictures of things like Hummers that land on the kitchen cabinets! I got so excited about putting the wee thing back outside that I plumb forgot to take its picture first!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

yes darius it does, but i thought i was the only one whose camera did that sort of thing. ;) next time i'm going to remember to turn it on before i send it out to take a picture of that butterfly though. LOL

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

zanymuse. Really great shots of your butterfly. We have very few large butterflies in this area. I have tried to get a picture but they flitted around too fast for me. Yours are very nice. Donna

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

zany, when i saw the post "i finally shot a flutterby" i thought for sure you were out with a mini oozi or something trying to kill these poor dears. ;)

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL Deb_Z I am not that loony! ......Yet...

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

I think it is a western tiger swallowtail. Nice pictures.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Mary, I think you are right. I looked it up and they do look like the same butterfly. Thanks!

(Zone 5a)

Nice photos Zany and I am glad that someone is getting some good butterfly photos this year because I am sure not. Can I send all the rain to you for a couple of weeks so I can get a photo or two.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL We had an extra month of rain in June and it looks like we may get an early wet fall so you just keep your rain there and let us enjoy these few weeks of nice weather!

(Zone 5a)

We have had nothing but rain from spring until now with just a few days without rain, too much flooding in my backyard. I have lost a lot of plants even in containers that were floating in water. So I thought that I had to give it to someone else for a change lol.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Sorry to hear you are losing plants! Is this just a heavier rainy period for you or is it normally no rain there at this time of year?

(Zone 5a)

This is the first year that it has rained every day since spring, I think that the weather all over the world is off this year.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

It has been a strange one!

(Zone 5a)

Boy you can say that again, did you see the rest of it?

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

The rest of it? I am confused! You've got mail

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.