Clematis tangutica

Western, PA(Zone 6a)

Have an arbor to fill with vines. What other vine would go with C. tangutica? Is this vine cut back to the ground each year? Is it very hardy?

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I've killed four of them. I don't think they like me!

Western, PA(Zone 6a)

Oh, oh! Now what do I do? My record for continuing the life span of any Clematis is very, very shaky, to put it mildly. Especially the exotic-looking Japanese Clamatis.You know, those big blue ones that never show up the following spring. They don't like me either. Although I have 2 sweet autumn Clematis that are growing strong. Maybe too strong, as they are at the tops of their structures and heading back down. A bit of a jumble.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

I have this clematis and it grows kind a crazy here, I just cut it back in the early spring and up she comes back.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I have really good luck with any of the texensis or viticellas and Elsa Spath, Henryii and Gillian Blades, but the others I can kill in short time!

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

golddog..I'm not far from you and I can't grow any Clematis except Sweet Autumn either. Have you called Gumpf's and asked their opinion?

Western, PA(Zone 6a)

Hi SLEDDER, good idea. Am also thinking of giving them more winter protection. Hey, how about coming down some time soon, and I will do the same? Although my pond is not much to look at; I would like to see yours.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.