Wanted: Daphne(s)

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Yep folks, have recently fallen for Daphnes...I only have Daphne Odora so far but have realized there are many varieties. Cuttings can be taken from them from now to mid-summer and rooted. Does anyone have any plants to trade, or perhaps willing to take cuttings and send them? (Hopefully I can root them here.) If so, let me know what you would like in exchange. Many thanks!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

*sniff sniff*....bwaaaaaa aaaaah....
(waiting....)

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Horseshoe, I would LOVE to send you some cuttings, but I just got my Daphne babies, and they are still tiny. If no one comes up with any to trade with you, I got mine from Windrose Nursery http://www.windrosenursery.com/ for $8 each - they were in 3.5" pots, and are about 6" tall. This is a family-owned place and they were a little slow in processing my order, but when my stuff arrived, it looked very healthy.

If you're still looking next spring, I'll be glad to share cuttings of any new growth mine will have by then ;)

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Sounds great to me go_vols! I recently picked up the only one I have at a 'going out of business sale'...it too is somewhat small but have re-potted it into a bigger pot, given it some good food and hope to get at least a couple cutting from it, even if they are somewhat small. Will check out the above-mentioned site! Thanks a million!

Cedar Rapids, IA

Horseshoe and GV, aren't Daphne's beautiful. I fell in love with them when we lived in South Carolina. I didn't think they would survive here so I didn't try to plant any.

Here is a link with pictures of Spring Daphne. http://www.stratsplace.com/gardendiary/daphne_spring.html

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Great Pics, Happy! Thanks! Sounds to me like you should at least try some in a pot, then bring them inside or maybe keep them in you cellar during the winter. (You know you love them.)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.