Cleome

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Nice until frost - good color filler amongst the perennials

Thumbnail by Dea
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I love cleome, but somehow forget to plant it every year. Maybe next year, LOL.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

It is pretty but here it self sows too freely and I am pulling them like weeds.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

LOL Lenjo - that's what happens to us newer gardeners; guess I'll be hatin' life next summer :)

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Dea, I have fiddled with gardening halfheartedly for many years, but only the last 3 I have gotten a bit out of hand. I used to let everything seed anywhere and everywhere but now I guess I am getting a bit more discriminating. There are some things that do get to be like weeds and leave me no room for things I want to try. I am by no means professional just nuts.LOL

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

I find it no problem to pull a couple hundred every spring and leave a few that I want,I like them,they do put on a show till frost.

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

I go back and forth between the two -- This year I pulled out a few hundred and enjoy the rest for the year. About 5 years ago I banished them after being frustrated by so many volunteers!

One thing that I have noticed: where I didn't notice a cleome in my veggie garden a couple of years ago, I had NO bean beetles. Did it again last year, again, no bean beetles. Maybe they also hate the smell?

But I don't dare let any growing in my veggie garden self-sow; I just transplant a young'un from elsewhere.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I let Cleome seed, transplant the ones I want in back rows & just mulch the rest to smother them. The stalk is bare & foliage branches out high, so I like to tuck them in among daylilies for later blooms. I have extra seed for 2 colors if anyone wants any.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.