Suggestion for best use needed

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

I have an old wooden tub, cracked at the bottom. I now have lined it with plastic. Can someone suggest any probable way to use it?

Thumbnail by Dinu
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

With the liner it would work as a small bog garden. After you have the soil in place you could trim back the liner to make it more attractive and show off more of the wood.

Or you could use just the tub to house treasures such as interesting stones and seed pods and cones found on trips to play soccer or family outings...

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Thanks Zany for your ideas. Another friend in the meantime suggested that I grow some bulrush in a couple of sides and a few little water plants with some fish, mainly to control the mosquito larvae. I have the bulrush growing in another plastic container at present.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

That sounds great also! Please be sure to post a picture of it when it is done. Your wooden tub is really a very nice and interesting piece that will bring you much enjoyment in its second life in the garden.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

I must add here that that wooden tub was once used to feed fodder to the cattle that was kept at home much before I was born. It must be at least 60 years old, chopped from a single block of wood. It has cracked near the brim and the slit has gone to the bottom making it unusable to store any liquid as it is. Hence the liner. Yes, will surely post a picture once I begin this project of filling it.

Would make one heck of a fruit bowl; sanded, refinished and sealer on it. Only thing is, once finished, who could afford to buy enough fruit to fill it?LOL

Sounds like a pretty neat idea there you have Dinu. Go for it and will be looking forward into seeing ppictures

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.