Ok......let's bring on some more photos of our gardens!

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

I have three films to be developed...taking them in today...how about you?????

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

Elaine, you saw my garden last week! There is no way I can take pictures of it right now. I have about 50 black grower pots all over the lawn. LOL
That and everytime I look down from the upper floors there is always a hose lying around somewhere.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Take the pictures...I love seeing Vancouver in bloom!!!
Especially what you ladies have growing!!

Show us your pond Lilypon.
Slow day at the library today?

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I don't work til this evening-I'm working 6 days right
now, full time hours, but partial days! Just came in
from watering the brugs!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

This is the first time Dad has used his new camera-who
knows when we will have pics. He bought a fancy model
and he is still learning what all the bells and whistles
do on it. We, however, have the old fashioned kind-
I'll just paste the photos on the monitor!!!

Can you see them :-D!

Maybe I'm not leaning close enough. LOL

I don't know what you and Liz have been up to this morning, Roselaine, but all I have done since 7:30 is water. It is now 9:45 PST and I have soaker hoses! You guys must work all night. Show the pics, Liz--maybe you can pretend the hoses are snakes and keep those would be Brug snatchers away.

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

I agree!Come on Liz!!!LOL!!!

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Lilyphon, please turn the picture around I only see the white backing :)

So I hear it's a little hot out west?

I just got an email from my sister in law in the Gatineau, she says she's having a western summer. Somehow I think our weather got switched. We're HOT! And we don't like it. LOL

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Picture switched!! Temps today much more bearable 28C!
At least we have cool nights 14C. Last year we had the
high temps, high humidity and hot nights
-no air conditioning :{!
How has it been in Dorval, Quebec? What do you enjoy
growing and collecting?

This message was edited Wednesday, Jul 30th 7:43 PM

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Liz at least you also have it nice and warm in winter. I would like to get our winter temps switched with yours ;)

Okay Lilyphon I see the picture now, but it's blurry. Please clean monitor screen and/or adjust focus LOL.

About the local here:
Late season start, today gotten close to 30C tomorrow maybe a bit higher, rather humid and AC is running, but nights are pretty cool too here (yet almost no wind).
Not growing to much since I'm in an appartment and have very limited space. Nevertheless got a rather large balkony which is filled with tomatoes and some petunias for show :) but it's not worthy for a photo LOL.
On the collecting side I'm into Hoyas and Dischidias (which are kinda tough to get here).

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Now I've got to figure out what Dischidias are!

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Dischidia ar in the same family of Asclepiadaceae (milkweeds) as Hoyas. Some dischidias are also called Urn plants due to their hollow leaves. In the wild ants store food and sometimes build nests in these hollow leaves. These hollow leaves are sometimes equipped with roots on the inside which take nutrients from the ants excrement.

Here some pics on the net:
http://images.google.ca/images?q=dischidia&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en

Roselaine, sorry for hijacking your thread, won't happen again ;)

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Thanks-couldn't find it here-really, really different!
Sorry Roselaine!

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6b)

Hi all! While cruising through the various forums - came across this one. It's raining like crazy here in Mississauga today. Not a great forecast for this long week-end. We're supposed to have rain right up til Wednesday.

So PanamonCreel, like you I also balcony garden, as an apartment dweller. I have a jungle out there this year because I got quite carried away with Brugmansia (have 8 - 4 of which came from Liz). Although I haven't got any blooms yet, I am forever the optomist and won't give up the ghost til October. I took some pictures just this week and here is a picture of my jungle of brugs.

Thumbnail by daturalady

LOL, can you move around there? It looks like the plants have taken over.
I see how you all survive the heat, you all have air conditioners. I don't think I know anyone who has air conditioning in their house. I might have to move out to my car.

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6b)

No I can't move around out there lol. I only had 1 brugie last year (so didn't know how big or how much room these babies would take). It is quite a job getting around to water them all. Ya better believe that air conditioners are an absolute must in order to survive the heat waves we get.

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Well here is a picture of my "li'l balkony garden".
A bit larger than your's daturalady, but still rather crowded. :)
Picture was taken this morning just short after my watering spree.
Very hot and extremely humid here today thus I'm currently hugging and kissing my AC :).

Thumbnail by PanamonCreel
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Moose Jaw is overcast!!!!!!!!!! We haven't had rain for
a month-I'm doing the rain dance in earnest now!

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Hey, I've been doing horse things for the last week or so and haven't been checking the forums. Nice to see all this canadian chat. Hot and dry here also. A week of 30 plus temps during the day devastates the countryside. Crops are starting to burn. Thank god for hoses Liz. Right now we could take pics of them as the stars in our gardens. Here are a couple of shots of my back garden.

Thumbnail by jagonjune
Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Here is one looking to the dog kennel.

Thumbnail by jagonjune
Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Here is one of the real garden boss - in fact the boss of everything. Her name is Cap.

Thumbnail by jagonjune
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

You have some lovely Hostas-ever thought of watergardening?

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Here a photo of one of my gardens..I just planted a few more things. There is a tiny pond in there.

Thumbnail by Starzz
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I love your gourds!! You have a lovely garden!
Do you have any Japanese Irises in your pond?

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Thanks Lilypon,
The little house wrens actually make nests in the gourds.
I do have one Japanese Iris in the pond ..hasn't bloomed yet this year..but I did plant a new Japanese Iris called "Sensation" to the right of the path beside the cement leaf.
This was in bloom before I planted it.
Cheers,
Carol

Thumbnail by Starzz

Thanks Starzz, you have really helped to alleviate my guilt as having bloom before planting seems to be becoming rather common around here. Everyone's gardens look terribly healthy and gorgeous! Do you use any particular brand of camera or is this real? Roselaine and Liz have lovely gardens to show too. Enjoy your summer. Dawn

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Little pond ? Starzz - looks like a huge body of water back there or are my eyes deceiving me. And oh yes - one of your gardens? How many do you have. This one is lovely. The bench just beckons to spend some quiet time with a book.

I like your new containers jagonjune.
Starzz ~ that's a gorgeous iris.

Well I said I had some photos developed!!!!.....the big container has Hot Cocoa, the rose, unopened! then, the bloom! Elaine

Thumbnail by Roselaine

some more!.the Rose Forum will have details! Elaine

Thumbnail by Roselaine

Dawn and Liz, you should recognize this spot in the garden!

Thumbnail by Roselaine

these are my prize roses.....Anna and Jenna!!! Baba

Thumbnail by Roselaine
Burlington, ON(Zone 6a)

Your gardens are all so beautiful and look so lush.
Today I posted flower pics in a Webshots album for the girls in another forum. They are all plants/seeds they have shared with me over the years and periodically we post them so we can see how each other are doing with our internet treasures.
I am adding the URL here although it really is pics of individual flowers in my garden, not the gardens themselves.
Liz, believe it or not, there is only 2 Brug pics... one of cuttings and one of the plant the cuttings came from but the good news is the cuttings are from the plant I showed you last year that my friend grew, the unknown pink Brug, so hopefully this year we will get pieces to send out to you if you still want one. :)
Here is my Webshot album URL...
http://community.webshots.com/album/84215427GmZQsZ

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Anna and Jenna look like a couple of cutie rose testers,do they help smell them?Very nice pictures!!!

I recognize not only the garden spot but your prize roses as well.Looks lovely Elaine. The gardens all look wonderful--I think it's like cooking. Somebody else's always looks best--but then these examples are truly gorgeous.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Roselaine my Dad would cry to see roses growing like yours.
He said that after seeing hybrid roses grow at the coast
he wondered why he even bothered trying here! I bet your
prize roses love your yard!

RA49 what a nice idea to keep a photo album of trades!

Burlington, ON(Zone 6a)

Star of my garden today, (thought they would never start blooming this season after our cold spring) with 12 more to go is my Lotus 'Mrs Perry D Slocum'

Thumbnail by RA49

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.