I think they are 1/2 peafowl

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

At this point in time I am going with the guinea/peafowl mix because they are too big to be 1/2 banty. Our banty babies are really tiny and guinea keets aren't that tall or big either. At least they have stopped screaming and running up and down the cage walls trying frantically to break out. They started eating sometime yesterday morning. Boiled eggs with a little Simalac poured over it seems to go over quite well. So does oatmeal with the Simalac. They've started drinking water too which is really important. I handle them several times a day so that hopefully they will get tamer than the average guinea or peafowl. They are already starting to get some wing feathers so we should see some true coloration in a few weeks.
I had a sprinkler one flower bed for several hours yesterday. It soaked in at least 2" deep which made weeding a lot easier. I hope to plant some bulbs planted in that bed today. I also need to go to the cafe' to work on those beds too. I'll take some herbicide and buckets to carry that mulch to the plants that are quite a distance from the pile. I hope they have alot of old newspapers around to put under the mulch. That will help control the weeds for a longer period of time.
Horseshoe, I saw the pictures of your daughter on Daughter's Day on another forum. She is such a beautiful girl. Does she look like her mother, you, or a combination. What a blessing that tradition is to her.
Our heirloom tomatoes are loaded with green & growing tomatoes. I can hardly wait for them to start ripening. They are all suppose to be acidic like the ones I remember from my childhood. They are Old Brooks, Sabre, and Mandel. Are any of you familiar with any of these?
Must go and get some work done. Too many weeds, too few hours for pulling them.
GOD bless each and all of them.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!