Completely new to Dave's

Amsterdam, Netherlands(Zone 9b)

G'day All,

If there is one I guess I just don't know how to find it, like, how do you make a gallery of your tree pics?

Got quite a few Ficus species and the other day picked up a bargain, a Ficus benjamina - Natasha, just what I wanted, an unlikely candiate to make a Literati styled tree, and tomorrow shall return to the same place and get a 2nd to make a stretched semicascade, anybody done one of either of these?

Took a pic and hope that it uploads and is easily available, be really nice if someone would put me on the right track regarding the gallery thing as I am about to buy a new camera.

Greetings from Amsterdam....ozzer

Thumbnail by ozzer
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Welcome to DG. That is a beauty ozzer - Glad you found DG should post on the welcome mat. Nice to see someone so interested in bonsai, I just have 2 a portulaca and bougainvillea.
Not sure what you mean about the gallery?

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Just saw this post. Cannot answer your question, ozzer, but a BIG Welcome to DG!

Love your benjamin ficus. I see you have copper for the training of the branches. Quite a few years ago, aluminum wiring became a cheap substitute for copper in home wiring here in the USA. Later they found it overheated, melted together, and caused fires. I was lucky enough to find some unused aluminum wiring several years ago. It's much easier to bend around the limbs, and works as well.

Hello Darius and Haighr,

Have been sorting my computer out since I last paid this site a proper visit and am about to remedy that, starting with this note.

The wire that I use is imported from Japan, it is in fact aluminium wire that has been anealed, and is used by all bonsai growers over here in the Netherlands.

About the Gallery, don't know where I got that idea from, but would be a really 1st class idea if someone had enough influence to get Dave to start one up.

If you guys type a search for Ficus deltoidea, you will find that I have entered a pic of a bonsai in there by chance, gotta go now but will be back with more to offer.

ozzer, I just looked at the photos you posted in the PDB. How wonderful they are. Thank you!

Hello Darius,

I also posted my recently acquired [Chinese import], LAGERSTROEMIA INDICA, 'driftwood style' into the wrong file, had to repot it immediately, so far no problemos, the ground covering is a variety of mosses indigenous to the Northern moorlands of Holland, the fibrous one at the back is Reindeer moss.

I have at present about 160 specimens of a wide range of species, sizes, styles, both outdoor and indoors.

Will endeavour to attach a recent pic of my miniscule 4th floor balcony, which faces East.

Thumbnail by ozzer

I love all the plants in this photo above. What is the one at the very bottom-center with bright red berries?

Pyracantha augustifolia, I shall attach a pic of the entire tree. This is an exposed root style, and was imported from Korea, sadly or not, a starving bird has stripped it of most of it's flaming red berries, strange that, as it didn't go near any of the many Cotoneaster trees that I have.

Thumbnail by ozzer
Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Welcome ozzer, what a great looking collection of bonsai you have on your deck. Can you leave them outside year round. I have to move my few bonsai inside, usually in early Nov. I have 4 or 5 tropical types and they go into the greenhouse. The others are winter stored in my pretty much unheated but insulated north room of the garage. I just water them occasionally. Yours look so very nice and healthy. Donna

G'day rutholive/Donna,

Hope that you're managing your trees OK, just so's long as you enjoy this very healthy addiction.

YEP, all year round and if my upstairs neighbour is kind to me I lose no trees, four floors up and never no frost.

Need to constantly circulate the collection which since the above pic has grown to about 150 trees outside.

About another 60+ indoors, all manner of figs and a few Australian BOTTLE trees, and etc.

ozzer

Ferndale, WA(Zone 8b)

Hey Ozzer,
Do you still have your trees? It is now 2 years later.
freebird

Garland, TX(Zone 8a)

Ozzer,
Thanks for posting the pictures. They are a pleasure to look at.

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Just checked his threads, it was 6/26/2004 since his last entry.

Ferndale, WA(Zone 8b)

Yeah, he must have some Bonsai news by now!
Maybe we can search and see if he is still on DG.

Freebird

Bandung, Indonesia

Do you have any comments about this bonsai - one of Bonsai Star Gallery ([HYPERLINK@www.bonsaistar.com]) collections?

Species : Ficus Benjamina (Philipine)

Style : Informal

Height : 35 cm

Thumbnail by limadijaya
Port Saint Lucie, FL(Zone 9b)

Nice looking tree Ozzer, here in south florida they grow like weeds. they are very easy to work with .just be careful it will out grow the pot in six months.I am also new to D.G.
all the best

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.