Sweet Shrub

Silver Lake, OH(Zone 5b)

Anyone have sweet shrub or know where I could get one? It was my mother's favorite thing, she'd pick a little flower and have one in her pocket. She called it strawberry bush. Her gloves smelled like that and so did her coat...

I miss her. Anyone know where I can get one of these?

Thanks
Janie

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Janie I hope you find one for your garden. I was supposed to get one in a trade a couple of years ago but after I mailed all my plants I never got my sweetshrub. I haven't ever smelled or even seen one and hope to someday. Good luck in your search.

Silver Lake, OH(Zone 5b)

Ponditis it smells so much like a fresh strawberry you'll be surprised!

I'll try and find a source and if I do, I'll let you know.

:)

Silver Lake, OH(Zone 5b)

Found it in Michigan... funny website...

Perhaps someone would like to go together to order some? I don't have the skills to operate a co-op (being severely ADD and physically challenged as well) but I'll be delighted to purchase some to up the amount so we can get better prices... whatddaya say?? Anyone want to do this?

These are to be purchased in bundles of 10 or lots of 20-50 plants.

calycanthus Sweet shrub sweetbush
6-12" 4.60 3.50
12-18" 7.25 6.25
18+ 8.30 7.70
2'+ 11.00 10.25

Let me know.

Here's the website:
http://www.porkyfarm.com/index.html

Did you ever get your sweetbush? On a recent visit to a favorite friend, I was given some seeds. I would be happy to share.

skatayama

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the offer Skatayama but I got some sweetshrub in the recent co-op. I think I have all that I want for now.

Broke a piece of one off to smell it and it smelled very good! Now I just pray they grow big and bloom for me.

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

Janiejoy
i have the growing wild in my woods(that is if we are talking about the same one). i love them but i have one problem i dont know which is which right now until spring when they bloom,so if you dont find one by then ,then please email me in spring ok?they are good size plants too. please email me if youre interested in a spring trade
moretz

Silver Lake, OH(Zone 5b)

Moretz, I'd love one, help me remember in the spring! That would be a beautiful thing. We definitely would have to wait till spring because of the huge difference in the zone - I'm in zone 5b... hey, thanks for finding this and the offer.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.