Blumenbachia Info requested please

Chatham-Kent, ON(Zone 6a)

What does anyone know about Blumenbachia hieronymi and Blumenbachia insignis ??? Any input would be appreciated . Have a great day !!

[ Removed by member request. - Admin ]

I am not making them up AND I can find very little info on them . I'll just keep trying . Have a good one !!

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Chooch, this is what Hortus Third says:

Blumenbachia Loasacea. About 6 spp. of square stemmed annual or biennial herbs, with stinging hairs, native to S. America; lvs. opp., lobed; fls. solitary, axillary, petals 5, hooded, stamens many, in clusters opp. petals, staminodes 10, threadlike, alt. with petals;fr. a globose capsule, opening by 3-10 spiral twisted valves.

Propagated by seeds sown under glass, and seedlings transplanted after danger of frost is over.

Hieronmymii biennial, lvs. ovate, nearly palmately 5-lobed, toothed; fls. white to 1 1/2 in. across, on peduncles to 4 1/2 in. long, calyx lobes ovate, toothed to pinnatifid. Argentina

insignis Annual or grown as such, twining, sts. to 2 ft. or more; lvs. to 3 in. across, deeply palmately 5 lobed, lobes pinnatifid-toothed; fls. white, 1 in. across, calyx lobes linear to triangular-lanceolate, entire, petals hooded, with thick yellow basal scales sppotted with red. Brazil to Argentina

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Happy to help!!!

and I meant to say that it's all in having good references!

Hang onto your hair KHT!

This message was edited Monday, May 28th 4:37 PM

KHT :I have a few young plants growing now and I will save some seeds for you SIS ;)IF they produce any ????
Thanks Kathleen for the info ...my 1000 page books are missing a few plant names still :)
Rock On Hard Core Freakazoids !!!! ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.