climbing lily

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I love these!!!!!

Thumbnail by crestedchik
Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

another shot

Thumbnail by crestedchik
Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Wow I can see why you love them! Those are beautiful! Lucky you!!

Lappeenranta, Finland(Zone 3a)

wow! Looking great!
My is dead, too bad, I would have liked to see flowers too:)

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

My Gloriosa's are bout to take over here, some are 6-7 feet, their little tendrils reach out for whatever they can find to climb and cling to...They are beautiful plants..They multiply very nicely for me here in south GA.. Would anyone happen to have the solid yellow one? I haven't been able to get one.

Larkie

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

I tried ordering this from one source and they were out but I can certainly see they are worth finding and being patient for.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Cool. May think about finding room for some next year.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

cc, is it hardy for you?

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I have it in a container,these are ones from the co-op,and now one bloomed that is solid red......

I don't think they're hardy here,the whole container will go in the gh for the winter........

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Tig,
They are barely hardy here for me, that is if we have a really bad winter..I'm kind of on the line..The last few winters have been fairly mild and they have multiplied well.
Larkie

CC, I luv em too!

Thumbnail by
Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

UH OH...John has a yellow one........

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

So I see.. It sure is looking good..
Larkie

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

CC your Gloriosas are absolutely beautiful. I have tried growing them but never had any luck. I am envious. Donna

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

this is the first year I tried and I am so happy I did.....

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

After three years, mine are finally doing well, and are even putting on seedpods! Anyone know how to best germinate the seeds? Should I do something special, or just let the seeds fall into the pot with the original plants?

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

I tried to buy one this year from a catalog, but was too late, they were sold out, and I missed the co-op, so I'll have to wait for next year!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.