My daturas

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

This is the double purple.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Yellow triple.

Thumbnail by Dinu
city?? lol sticks, AR(Zone 7a)

Dinu-you must be doing something right? Lovely---my poor dats are too close to my brugs and they reward my tlc with nothing lolol cheryl

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Great pictures Dinu. I some days think that datura would be so much easier to grow than brugs. At least I've not had any bugs that destroyed my datura. We never have to worry that they are getting too much sun either and they won't die over night if they don't get a drink. I better watch out or I'll convince myself to grow more of them.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Last summer, I managed to kill mine overnight, Brugie. They were so robust and then just died. I was crushed. Dinu yours sure are lovely. I may try some when I get home in pots. Looking at these makes me want to try again.

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

They sure are fun and easy Kell
Dinu yours looks great,how is the scent?mine gets musty after a day.

city?? lol sticks, AR(Zone 7a)

does yours smell like nair hair remover?

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Oh Yuck!! That stuff is nasty. LOL!!

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Dinu, am so glad u're datura are doing great. both purple and yellow has a lovely scents, specially at night. i lost all my datura during the move, but there are lots of datura sprouting on the potted plants near where the datura's used to bloom. i have to wait and see which ones made it. i wish i had one of each kind that i once grew last year... am keeping my fingers crossed :).

Bob ... datura's fragrance are fragrant only during night time, just like the brug's flowers.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi Ma Vie! Glad to see you posting. I have missed you!

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

miss u too Kell. aren't u missing ur plants while away?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

starting to really, really miss everything at home except my job LOL. Will be going home next Friday I have decided today! I will come back here after a few weeks.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

glad to know u are going home Kell :). hope u're mother is doing well, and coping better with her present situation. take care dear friend.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Hi MVR, glad to see you here again! Those flowers are your plants' children! Having liked them so much, I have moved them to near the front entrance now so that it is easily visible.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

i hope u and ur family are enjoying their fragrance at night. i used to keep the screened windows open to get a whip of their fragrance. am anxiously waiting for some of the seedlings of datura to bloom. wish i would be lucky enough to get at least one white, purple and yellow this year. moving last winter was a total chaos and disaster. i have my hopes up that i will get at least one of each, then i will be happy.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Oh, that was quick Mavie. Am sure you will find them growing with you again.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

will keep u posted Dinu. if lucky enough to have the double/thriple white, i will try to save u some seeds, and post them to u :). btw the Holy Basil are growing nicely. i sent some plants to my son. he too is doing better now :).

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

That's nice to hear, MVR.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.