1st week over, I weighed!!!

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Well, I've been on the induction phase of Atkins' for a week and followed his advice and did not weigh until this morning. I have lost 10 pounds!!! Couldn't believe my eyes. And I still didn't exercise as much as i should nor did I drink as much water, but I did do some of both every day.
I am mainly trying to lose weight because of the back injury I had when I fell at work. It really is true: "The bigger they come, the harder they fall." I worked on for over a year, but the pain got worse and worse and I finally had to resign. Of course, workman's comp isn't willing to pay anything and I will have to get a lawyer.
So I am hoping that by losing some of this weight, I can manage this pain better. You can imagine how tough gardening is especially when you need to unload a 50 lb. bag of manure from your car. I garden in short spurts so my spousal unit says I should write a book called "The 15-Minute Gardener."

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!