Welcome to brown352 - another Ohioan! :-)

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

http://davesgarden.com/members/brown352/

I just ran across your reply in the photos forum and wanted to welcome you to DG. How did you find the site? It's great to see another Ohioan sign up; for a while I was afraid those Louisiana folks were going to outnumber us, but I think we might be catching up. ;)

Thumbnail by gardenwife

Another Ohioan! I think that Ohio and Louisiana might be neck-and-neck. Enjoy this wonderful site, brown352!

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

A warm welcome to brown352, from Louisiana!
Don't be scared, ; ) there really aren't that many of us from Louisiana. We just talk a lot, so it seems like there are more of us. lol

Cheri'

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

And how!!

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Thank you GW.... I ran across DG's quite by accident, but I immediately joined... LOL

I've been going crosseyed ever since trying to read everything.... I'm in love already!

Thank you for the welcome's! I really appreciate them!!!
Melissa

This message was edited Jun 2, 2006 12:45 AM

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Welcome to Davesgarden, Melissa, we are glad you have joined us. Have you checked out the farm forum? I have horses too, and my hobby besides gardening is endurance riding. Between them I about run my legs off. You must be doing that too with kids, school, farm, garden..... when do you sleep?

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I'm glad you bumped this thread, Mary - Melissa snuck in there and added to her post and I didn't know it! Mmmmmm, berry jam, huh? Sounds tasty! Didn't know you have a greyhound - that's what our Emma is (part greyhound, anyway).

Yes, She was rescued from a track in Birmingham Alabama 4 years ago. :-)

Yep, berry jam.... as soon as I get finished with my homework, I need to go out and see if our storms last night knocked all my ripe blackberries off!

Mary, I've glanced at the farm forum, but I don't believe I have participated there yet.

Here is a picture of my Grey.

Melissa

Thumbnail by Melissa_Ohio

and another... :-)

I wonder if anyone has ever traded plants for Jam??
hmmmmmm

drats, this picture isn't showing...

This message was edited Wednesday, Jul 16th 5:29 PM

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh, what a pretty brindle girl! I believe people have traded plants for all manner of things. Go to the Plant Trading forum and say what you've got and what you'd like - you'd be surprised!

Thank you, yes, I think she's just gorgeous...
how could you resist this face?

I might have to try that.... trading plants for jam...

might get a better response than my irises did!

Melissa

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Melissa,
Welcome Aboard neighbor!
I'm sitting in Clermont Co, at work in Withamsville.
Our huge 1/8th acre estate is in Anderson Township.

Jam for plants sounds like a great deal to me also! LOL

Ric

Hi Ric,
Thanks.... anytime you want to trade Jam for plants, let me know! LOL

I'm around Anderson or Withamsville at least a couple times a week....

Melissa

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hey Melissa! You know I have never noticed this post before! I enjoyed reading about you. We are a lot alike other than you have more land than me! LOL And I almost have twice as many kids. Give me a few more months. he he he he When do you get to Anderson?? I'm only a few more miles down the road. Pssst, don't you dare give Ric all the jam!

Crossville, TN

Brown....if you go to trade jam for plants...take a LOTS of jam...as Badseed has LOTS of plants...and as for the kids...all 5 of them are beautiful little girls....be wure to have Tea with Morganne for me. Jo

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Jo! What exactly are you saying??? I hope you can count higher than five. That will be important soon. :O)

Hi Badseed,
It varies how often I'm down there... some weeks almost every day, other weeks, just once or twice.

After school starts, I won't get down very often at all, as I go to school in Wilmington. :-)

I have a 19 year old step daughter, so I actually have 4 kids... hubby grew up not far from you at all. He lived above the California Water works on Apple Hill Road. He graduated from Anderson in 75.

Anytime you wanna trade sumthin, let me know!
Melissa

Crossville, TN

CHELE!! You don't mean.....? *rr faints dead away.* LOL

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Welcome Brown352 from Washington state. This is a wonderful garden and even more wonderfuler gardeners. What are you studying?

Badseed????? Are you announcig something???

Anastatia, My major is Secondary Education and History, my minor is Psychology/Sociology. I'm going to teach High Schoolers :-) And then, hopefully become a Guidance Counsellor.

I'm a Junior, so I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. 3 more semesters of classwork, and then my Student teaching!

Melissa

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Melissa, my hubby grew up on Autumnleaf off of Holz. Your hubby should know where that is. He graduated from Anderson in 80, but the next sister is ten years older. Your hubby would have been dead center. LOL Tell him we met at Salem Gardens. We live about a mile from Coney Island. What are you looking for? I have a few plants. :)
Hmmm, did I just leak and announcement?? I wondered how long it would take someone to pick up on that. Yes!!!

He said you don't live far from where your hubby grew up, and he used to visit Salem Gardens, and still have a few friends that frequent there.... LOL He has a brother 2 years older and a sister 2 years younger. Anderson is so big, I'm surprised anyone there knows anyone else! I think he had 960 in his graduating class! (I had 42)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!You are a better woman than me! I go crazy with the 3 here at home! LOL

Gosh, I don't know what I'm looking for.... shade stuff I guess.... who knows! LOL

Melissa

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I wonder if I know your hubby or his friends. I bartended there for three years. I think I left in 91. Hubby's home on Autumnleaf was only about three blocks away from the Gardens so he stopped in on the way home from work. And I always tell people not to look for love in bars!! LOL Thirteen years later..........
Thanks for the congrats!
Oh, you said the wrong S word. I have little to no shade. You better hit up Ric for plants. LOL

LOL I don't have a whole lot of shade either... I'm creating some spots to plant in though... we cut out brush from a grove of trees in one of the yards, and I'm going to do "something" in there......LOL just don't know what yet.
I don't know you're liable to recognize hubby or friends.... he works across the street from you now :-)

Melissa

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I can see I am going to have to email you. LOL

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yeah 'chele!!! Congrats lady. :) Wow, 6?? So...are you thinking girl again? Or should we start finding you blue flowers?

I'm from Ohio too! Count me in!
Davena

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Well, hey there, dastowers! Welcome from another Buckeye!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Welcome Davena!
What part?

Mellisa,
We can see 'The Gardens' from our house.
That's where we met 'chele.

We had our own table near the front door on weekends. LOL

Ric

I live on the OH, PA and WV border. Really close to the Ohio River. It is right on top of the WV panhandle.

Davena

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

So you could just put plants in the River and 'chele and I could snag them as they float by? lol

Ric

Absolutely! You may laugh, but that is how I got my Yellow Flag Iris. I was on Babb's Island and found a rhizome that washed ashore. I planted it and now I have beautiful TALL plant. I figure it wasn't in the water too long but I like to think of it traveling down the mighty Ohio river. :-)

Davena

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Davena,
Oh I'm not laughing.
There are yellow iris and arum all around the banks here.
We also have driftwood in the yard that had to have come from your area.

Ric

Columbus, OH(Zone 6a)

Melissa,

Welcome to DG from a fellow Ohioan and dobe owner. I rescued Gambit from a family that was abusing him, and about to take him to the local pound. He is most faithful and loving dog I have ever owned.

Thumbnail by kc8lcw
Columbus, OH(Zone 6a)

here is another pic.

Thumbnail by kc8lcw

OH!! He is stunning! I bet he is grateful you saved him.

Davena

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Hey, nice to see you posting, KC. Gambit sure is a beautiful boy.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh Dave, that dog has the absolute sweetest face!! I love your tables too. LOL Nothing I could have with five kids and one on the way but they are nice!
Hey, Davena! Welcome. I'd be Chele (Michele) by the way. LOL SO, what are you floating down to me??
RIC!! You have not shown me the Arum on the river banks! You dawg! Then again, I haven't made it to your house yet either. One of these days..........:O)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.