The holiday is nearly over

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I am exhausted from all the extra running, doing, and company. I ache all over and can hardly stay awake. Thankfully there are no more big holidays for awhile.
We had another family get together yesterday and last night. Kris and Cindy came down and some friends came to celebrate with us again. Holly and Kyle were here too. Lots of fireworks after dark. We ate about 4:30 and then most of them went to a tractor pull. Jack and I stayed home. He rested and I weeded the onion bed and lifted the Yukon Gold potatoes, and moved the sprinkler a couple times. Only had 20 hills of YG but the yield was quite good. Large potatoes for that cultivar. This morning Kris and I were able to spend time gathering flower seeds for her.
I need to dig some sweet pea plants for one of the interns at Powell Gardens. Maybe the $2 Azalias I got a couple weeks ago will be in good enough condition to take and give away. They were terribly sunburned and dry from under watering. I'll keep a couple maybe, but will give away the rest. My elderly friend wants some, so I'll save a couple for her. There are about 9 out there so I'll still have some to take to PG to give away to those who are so good to me every weeks.
I think I'll go take a nap. GOD bless and keep each of you.
EvaMae

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!