RedDevil got new girlfriends!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

We went and got my rooster new girlfriends! 5 of them! Finally, we have been looking around for same breed so he can be keep company.. My DH's friend asked him at work and asked to see if I want the chicken.. He came home and asked me I said yes so we went over friends's house.. He have some fighting roosters. I went and saw the rooster that have the extactly same color as my rooster.. I asked him.. is he a fighting rooster.. He said yes.. Oh no wonder.. my rooster have been chasing and attack my Dh, my kids and people who come over.. I am his master and never attack me. He have beautiful different color of roosters. My kids chase around and grabbed 5 hens! They had a good time. He had two peacocks birds with 4 babies.. Beautiful.. I told him, I want two but not now but later.. he said yes.. when I am ready he will give me two. I need a safe pen so they can roam safety so my dogs wont chase them! So now we have 5 fighting chicken (hen) for RedDevil..

Update on three baby chicks that I have posted a while back.. They are getting big now and still with their Mom in the pen. Soon I will move them in the same pen with other same breed.

My kids asked him lots of questions why their roosters in seprate pen, why their so thin and blah blah.. They now understand that they are fighting roosters.. He showed them about the hooks that they wear it when they get in fighting.. They said they are glad that RedDevil is not part of fighting. He dont need it. He deserve a home that give him lots of care and love which we give him and all my chickens.

I had to bring my RedDevil there so he can cut his spurs which it was pretty long.. Now it is short so he wont hurt my DH and kids..

Yesterday I was trimming my tree.. When I pick up the trimmed branches and walked back and forth.. He was following me back and forth and even came in the house and sitting on floor in living room. I came in and didn't realized he have been there for a while while my boy left the door open. I had to put him out! I don't know why he likes to come in. Isn't he weird rooster? LOL

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!