japanese lilac tree

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Does anyone have a Japanese Lilac tree? Tell me about it, please. I have a picture of one and it is beautiful.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi Anastatia, I have a few of them. They are only about 2 -3 years old and have not started to fill out horizontally yet. They will grow to approx. 25' x 25'. They will be a privacy screen one day! :-D

They have put on about a foot each in the last year.

They did flower a few weeks ago, big conical white flowers. I am very happy with them....now they just need to grow grow grow!

Upton, MA(Zone 5b)

I have one that is three years old. It had a few flowers last year, but none this year. It looks very healthy, though, and I think it will just take a few years to hit it's stride. It is a very handsome, well-behaved small tree. The flowers are not fragrant, but they are very beautiful and they bloom later than common lilacs. I have seen mature specimens and can't think of any reason you wouldn't love having one.

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

interesting how these things perform in different areas. My Japanese Silk Lilac's are as fragrant as the old fashioned purple lilac. Mine have been in the ground here for three seasons, bloom later than the other lilacs with large sprays of white flowers. The trees have grown about four feet in the last two years and seem to be fairly drought resistant.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.