Gift Bags

Boonville, MO(Zone 5a)

Well, our seed packet thread ended up on the sunject of gift bags. Sorry, I think I did that ;>)

Anyway, I just love gift bags. I love to give them and receive them. I also reuse them. I wish everyone would. I cannot stand to see a gift bag thrown into the trash when there is nothing wrong with it. I also hate to see all the gift wrap thrown away, although I am not one to reuse gift wrap unless there is a big non crumpled piece and it is all I have at the time.

We decided at Christmas one year that we were going to start using as many gift bags as we can in gift giving all year long and reuse them over and over until they have given out. It is so much fun also to watch everyone opening their gifts and remember where that bag came from... ie. I bought the bag with the deer and gave it to my Dad, my step-mom gave it the next year to my brother etc. And some of the bags I gave ended up coming back to me over the years which is great since I have WONDERFUL taste in gift bags, :-)... not kidding, lol.

Anyway, I wish everyone would get into the habit of useing and reusing gift bags and never be too imbarrassed to give someone a not so obviously used bag or be upset if they received one that they knew was used. Of course, I do retire them or use them for personal use once they show wear or tares.

This thread has 20 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!