Dahlia

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 8a)

Things are starting to grow, after all the rain we had, but now I'm having to water. But the well is full so I have pleanty of water. Thought I would put me in this one to show the size, not to complement the flower. LOL

Thumbnail by poorgeorge
Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

wow, that is a beauty!!! so nice to meet you, sure hope you can make the swap this fall! would love to meet you in person.

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks tiG. Hope I can make the fall one too. Sure would like to meet all of you.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

dahlias, they are the best, nice to see you and your great flower.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

George, good seeing you, and that dahlia is a real beauty!

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

whooo! That's a keeper for sure!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Wow, Huge an Beautifull!! What is the name of this particular Dalhia? I had grown some Dalhia's before but have a problem trying to save the bulbs through the winter. Seeing this beauty makes me want to try and give it another shot! Thanks for sharing the photo.

Tennille, GA(Zone 8b)

Great Pic of you and your dahlia!

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

PG great looking dahlia you have raised, I love them too. Just have to be careful of the earwigs, in my dinnerplate dahlias, I had a million of them living in between the petals....
Nice to meet you :)

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

That is gorgeous! What is the secret? My dinnerplate dahlia is the size of a silver dollar.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Well (Hello) George, so nice to see you. That dahlia is to die for. It is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the photo.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Wow - love those dahlias! I have some smaller ones doing well in pots, can't wait to see them bloom. Nice to meet you, George! Wish everyone would show their sunny faces to lend comparisons. :)

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Hey George! Almost missed you! Great looking dahlias, and looks like a great garden beyond too! Now that we know you have a camera and garden, we'll expect to see more of you here!

I'm repeating tiG's invite to our fall swap--we now have the date, place and time--so put it on your calender! You have no idea how much fun it is to hang out with folks that speak the same language--PLANTS:)

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 8a)

Weeds, No big secret - I just move them around every couple of years and put the horse manure to them.

gardenwife, I've never tried any dahlias in pots. Maybe I'll do that and see what happens. Hope to see your sunny face too!!!

(Zone 5a)

Hey Poorgeorge I have the same problem here. It's been raining here for three months until this week and I still had to water my garden, because of the 90º to 93º temps all week it just dried out my poor garden.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.