Huge table lamp

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I have this great brass table lamp. An old family friend sent it to my dear deceased mother while stationed in SE Asia around 1967-68. The base is 8 1/2" diameter. Height is a generous 45", from bottom to tip top of the screw that holds the lamp shade. I know there are web sites and rules about the size of shade for size of lamp. My problem, and why it sits in corner of basement is I have no sense of size of table to set it on. I have an old round end table 22" height and diameter 28" that I think of refinishing and setting it on; but what do you think? My living room is not large and my old 1948 sofa & chair are in need of reupholstering but a perfect size for my L. room. I really want to incorporate this lamp into my L Room but everytime I consider it I am so overwhelmed with a lack of vision and size proportions.
I have other brass elements in my room like afireplace screen& picture frames and not to be ignored, one brassy broad who reigns over the place. Many thanks in advance.

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!