potatoe vine question

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i have just bought three recently. two green ones and a purplish black one. do they flower? what should i look for and does any one know where i can find a picture to see the flower? thanks Imzadi

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

They don't that I know of. It's a foliage plant.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I had hundreds last year and they never bloomed.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

There are varieties of potato vine that bloom but it sounds like you have the foliage kinds. I have what I call the potato vine, it is solanum crispum 'Glasnevin', the bloom is lavendar looks like the bloom you see on the common garden potato.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

is this what you have? http://plantsdatabase.com/go/53067/

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

tiG, if you are referring to me, no I don't have that what you showed on the link. Is the plant of the hyperlink a climber? I didn't think so although I have seen Blackie and the limegreen one used a lot in baskets/containers.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

Yes tiG thats one i have. i guess i need to find a few that bloom. okay i will use them as pretty foliage plants. my other one i green light lime green color so it probably doesnt either. Thanks Imzadi

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Mine bloomed........its the bright green one and the bloom looked like a small morning glory......shoulda taken a picture,didn't know it was unusual

Mcallen, TX(Zone 8a)

Back during the winter months,(february or march, I believe) Mitjo or Evert posted a foto in the photo forum of a beautiful blue-flowered "potato vine" in their greenhouse.

Turned out to be a "solanum ratonnetti", tall, tree form, stunningly beautiful flowers.

I just went to do a search for it but couldnt locate it.

Calalily was just selling some of them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.