How Big??

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I just found the most beautiful Abutilon at the nursery. It followed me home!! The plant is about 3' tall, it's covered with light pink blooms with darker pink veining. It is so neat!!! I will need to bring it in over the winter, so it needs to be in a container. What determines the size?? The pot it came in is about a foot across and maybe a little over a foot high. Is this OK for a while, or should I put it in something bigger? I don't want to upset it, if it's OK to leave it for now. Help!!
Deb

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

if the dirt around it is hard then slowly take the pot off. if the roots are tight or coming out the bottom than i always go to a bigger pot twice its size its in now. i dont know what plant you are talking about but if its roots are tight called root bound i believe its not good for a plant. my expierence most plants from nurseries are root bound and need transplanting. do it early in the morning or in the evening when its not hot. put it in the shade for a few days. dont want to shock it. hope this helps a little. Imzadi

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.