Too much time, too many plants!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

So, you are sitting there having a break for a second. You realize you can't sit still. So what do you do. Find something to do with empty pots and extra plants. LOL

Thumbnail by Badseed
Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

That is adorabe!

My dogs would knock it over in a second!

superglue.......

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

That's so cute! I'm going outside right now and be a copycat! Just hope DH doesn't knock it over! LOL

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

As those coleus grow and fill in it is going to look like a multicolored tree!

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

Where do you get your energy?? and your creativity? I'm going to be a copycat too, I love it!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL So many compliments! The pots were left overs as were the coleus. The begonia on top was from the round up last year (thanks elena!). I can't say I have all that much energy, I just can't sit still. LOL My little pyramid looks nicer and takes up less space than a bag of potting mix, a half flat of plants and ten pots did sitting in the same space. :)

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

Ooooh maybe I'll do a red white & blue theme. Think I have time for the 4th?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Sure and lots of plant choices too!

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

That is so neat! I haven't ever seen anyone do that before. I am headed out to see if I can accomplish something similar. The begonia looks great and I am glad you have enjoyed it. Looks like it found a great home.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Ah Chele - I see your brain still works (not like mine) and with such ingenuity!! lol!!! Great idea!!!!!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Elena the begonia actually looks a bit sickly but that is because most of them are rooting. The original two got close to two feet tall and needed a bit of help. They did bloom inside all winter though. Thanks again.

ROTF!!
Mags, of course the brain works! No one said it did good things, but it does things. giggle

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

heh-heh!! Mine has stopped - period!! Now where is your post about my red soil....see what I mean!!!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Beautiful! OH I am going to be copycat! I need to go and buy some clay pots, dirts and plant some impatients next year! It will be on front porch at new house so my dogs wont knock them down! :o)

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

I love it 'Chele........but I could just see a football or basketball carreening into it at my house!!

"eyes"

Bloomington, IN(Zone 6a)

I'm jealous! It would be destroyed in under 5 minutes at my house.....too many kids under the age of 6!

BEAUTIFUL!
2much2plant

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh, i love it too!!!! hmmm, so much talent there :)

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

What a great idea.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL I forgot all about this. You can barely see the pots now!

Willacoochee, GA(Zone 8b)

thats it Badseed...
you're hired!

I have entirely too many plants, and too little time... perhaps this could even it out.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Drew! If I came down there with my hubby and 5.2 kids, I may never leave! I love GA!!

Willacoochee, GA(Zone 8b)

please excuse my ignorance...
but how do you have 5.2 kids? is this some tricky ohio thing?

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Having 5.2 kids is easy but having 5.2 kids and still having
too much time is astounding! No, that isn't right...Having kids is never easy...but 5.2 is 5 little girls and number 6 is in the oven but not yet complete!

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

And it just might be a tricky Ohio thing......

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

And it just might be a tricky Ohio thing......

Badseed (I almost abbreviated you to BS but decided not to when I realized what it meant *blush* ) are you going to show us a current picture of your coleus tree?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL I could not come up with a good number for being one month prego, or 1/9th prego so I just added .2. LOL Okay blonde here. Just smile, it's easier. Yes, I will post another picture of the coleus when I think to snap one. gee. Where did all that time go?? I have realized I will have to switch the pots on the left with the ones on the right though. One side gets more sun and grew faster. Glad I did not glue them together. :)

Garberville, CA(Zone 9a)

That is a very cute set up! I thing I'll try that this year with my strawberry plants. Give them height, without taking up a huge amount of space. Bigger pots, maybe?

Naperville, IL(Zone 5a)

Great Idea! I am going to copy it on my deck this summer. I plan to do it with herbs; cascading ones on the bottom and taller ones on the top. Has anyone ever tried poking holes in those thick sort of pot liners for hanging baskets? I see so many hanging just planted up on the inside of the liner -- would look much better if you could make some slits and plant all around -- get a nice "ball of flowers" like they always have in public hanging basket displays! Anyone out there tried it? Sandy in Naperville, IL

Garberville, CA(Zone 9a)

I decided to try out your pyramid idea. It is happy beneath the eaves of the house on our upper deck. I'm planning to add another row or two, but I'm not rushing. Maybe plant some crocus in the fall, for spring bloom? We'll see.

Thumbnail by ladyrowan
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Wow! I forgot about this thread again. :) The violets look lovely! I didn't connect mine in any way. I have 10" pots which were pretty stable when I stacked them. I also slightly offset them so the higher ones were just touching the wood railing behind them. The pots are all filled with bulbs right now so I'm not sure what I'll do with them this year. LOL

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

OH.. I forget about this.. I bought lots of coleus and impatients... forget about clay pots. I guess I need to save up some $$ and buy some clay pots and get some cuttings from my coleus and root it and plant them in the clay pots.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

You don't have to go buy the pots, just watch for discount plants in nice pots. LOL Even if the plants croak, you still have the pots. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.