Knocker - Part 2

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Part 1 http://davesgarden.com/t/384775/
This is Knocker sitting on "Precious", a toy stuffed rat. Precious is used as a prop during Halloween when, each year, my sister and her friend Theresa are witches in a Haunted Halloween on a nearby island.
All of these pictures were taken by one of Theresa's neighbors

Thumbnail by Floridian
Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

how cute! (looking at this pic. reminds me of my Friday kitty..she has those same big owl eyes)

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Here's another picture to give you an idea of how small these little screech owls are. Theresa (on the left) and Lucie (my sis)fed him meal worms and such til he started to fly. As soon as he made a grand swoop across the room they released him. Lucie told me that as soon as they took him outside mama owl came and sat in the tree above him and started cooing to her baby. Shortly after the birds flew up into the trees together. They still see the 3 of them around the neighborhood and they often hear them at night

Thumbnail by Floridian
Bremerton, WA(Zone 8b)

What an adorable little guy. I never knew they were so small..thanks for the pics..here and your other thread.

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Yes, thanks for the great story and pics!

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

I have only seen a couple of these myself. One landed near me on a railing one night. I'm not sure which of us was more surprised. He turned those huge eyes on me then flew away...they are very cool birds!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.