June 9, 2003

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Hello everyone. The lawn (ha ha) just got a haircut, wow did it ever need it. That was one of the things I wanted to get done before leaving last Friday, but it and a bunch of other things waited while I went to ride with the Nez Perce on the reservation. There were more Appaloosa horses at that ride than Arabians I think. I took Bullwinkle my Saddlebred, he is one of a kind wherever he goes. I was very tired before I left, drove 6 hours, rode 50 miles in the heat the next day through beautiful country, drove home the following day. We finished in 10th place in about 9hrs 15 minutes. I rode all day with a friend I hadn't seen much of for a few years, it was nice to catch up after all this time. Today I am kinda slow, just haven't caught up with my rest. The cold I had a couple of weeks ago really took the steam out of me.
The goose family on our stock pond has had me concerned since I hadn't seen them since the cattle went into that pasture. Today I saw all 6 goslings and both parents. They must have found a safe hiding spot from cow feet and curious calves and do their swimming when I'm not looking. Those goslings are almost as big as their parents.
Now I need to see if a saddle I have fits one of my horses. Saddle fitting isn't such a big deal for occasional short rides, but for endurance if the saddle doesn't fit it is major trouble.
Everyone have a great evening, count your blessings.

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!