CLOSED: a different kind of round robin.............

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

round robins are fun and i was thinking about a different kind. this would be members only. items would be any thing pertaining to a garden. no heavy items. things like seeds, recipe for jelly, those little garden signs, homemade seed packs etc. i think this will give you all the idea. the main thing is keep the items lightweight so the postage will stay dopwn.

anyone interested???????

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

how would we keep it straight though so one person wouldn't take all the good stuff and another end up with not so great stuff?
Sounds good though :)
If there's a fair way to it then I'm in for sure.
Will it go around once or twice so everyone gets something different?

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

I know the fair play is a issue. i thought about limiting the number of items you could trade with. say mabe everyone is limited to a 4 item trade. then poost on the site here how many you took and how many you put in. maybe even list the items you took out and put in on a form sent with the round robin. anyone that does not play fair will not be allowed to particpate in any more of my round robins.
i have opened this up to members only so that maybe all will play fair. the items put in and out do not have to be expensive things.
i am open to suggestions so feel free to put in some input.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

maybe sending it around twice would be a good thing as for example.....the second person in line will only get to pick from yours and if it comes around again, they'll have a bigger selection
or why not just do a secret garden stuff trade? That way it would turn out fair to everyone

I'm just throwing ideas out :)

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

How about like the Christmas secret trade thing that Coco did? Janet, you could keep track of who wants to participate and then match then up with someone else and they could swap items instead of sending a whole bunch of stuff through the mail, your postage could be cheaper hopefully that way. You could specify homemade, anything to do with flowers/gardening or whatever you would decide. Just a thought?!!

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

The secret trades with plants seem to work our great. I was also in a craft secret trade, and everyone seemed pleased. This does allow for bigger and nicer things due to only postage on what you send. Lou

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

I'm interested! I'll let y'all know how much it costs ta send a tire planter! ; )

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Hee hee I want Tc to have my name LOL

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

Awww, shucks MOLLYBEE, ya want my name so's I can send ya a tire planter and you'll not havta make one of yer own! : )

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

hee hee yep I think I'd rather have a tc original!

Woodburn, OR(Zone 8a)

I'm in! maybe someone will send me a fully stocked trout pond/swimmin' hole !! YAHOOOO!!

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

Send me a sattelite dish MOLLYBEE! I love ta paint stuff! What a yucky, rainy day here! Be a good day to paint another backwards clock iffin I had another "plate!"

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

No sattelite dish here, just plain ole cable TV :( I'll be on the look see for one though :)

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

I bet I, or you, could go to our local cable tv provider and they'd probably be willin to give us one or two they've got from people like me who've switched back to cable from sattelite. Sometimes cable tv providers have promotions that allow you to bring in yer old sattelite dish and they'll install cable fer free.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

That's true, think I'll check around.

Sorry for highjacking your thread Janet :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.